GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Angel is crap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/03/04 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Isn't it?

Or is it just me?

I was/am a big Buffy fan, and I loved the first 3 seasons of Angel.

But last season, I got completely fed up with the Connor/Jasmine/Cordy story, and this season - apart from a couple of episodes - is just naff.

Last night's episode was laughable, especially the Wolfram & Hart advert/promo video at the beginning. I just thought that was so tacky - it put me in mind of the "I'd buy that for a dollar" adverts in Robocop... okay for the 80's, but really, really sad today.

I'm so pished off with it that I'm selling the first 3 DVD box sets - for me, there's no point in having just part of the series. It's just another show that's going to end in the middle of nowhere.

All the episodes seem so disjointed that they're almost stand-alone. I'm actually finding myself glad that it's been cancelled, and in truth, if it weren't for Spike, I doubt I'd even continue watching to the end of the season. I'm hoping it will pick up a bit now that Lindsey is back and (seemingly) 'evil'.

Other than that? Very disappointed.
Wed 24/03/04 at 14:10
Regular
"8==="
My rough list of why it 'sucks', there.
Wed 24/03/04 at 14:08
Regular
"8==="
This episode ANGEL goes and beats up/kills some monsters in a very similar fashion to the last 15 episodes.

Anyone one in the series who has ever said the word 'like' as in 'that is like really scary' or some such other Bill and Ted guff.

So predictable you could use the series to watch your house, with no worries.

"Look we've found another nemesis for Angel that'll last a few episodes/entire season."

It's a spinoff of another series that was extemely poor in it's own right.

Scripts with about as much depth as your average episode of neighbours.
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:51
Regular
Didn't bother.. man Ac and Depor in champs league made up for it!
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:38
"High polygon count"
Well, last night's Angel was probably the best of this season so far. Less comedy (apart from Spike's usual witty remarks, which are always a Good Thing) and back to the darker stuff.

Not that there's anything wrong with comedy moments, but this season so far has had far too many per episode, to the point where some were just stupid.

I hope this is a sign of things picking up!
Sat 13/03/04 at 17:39
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The Buffy episode(s) where Joyce Summers dies provided some of the
> best moments I've ever seen on TV. I found them very moving, and the
> acting was superb.
>
> When Buffy comes home and finds her on the sofa... wow!

--

I prefer the moment at the end of The Gift (the one where she sacrifices herself for Dawn) when you see all their reactions to her body.
Sat 13/03/04 at 17:37
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> So the WB cancelled it. Fools.
>
> Might not be yet. http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=3446

--

Meh. It'll be false. But if Joss and co see this as an excuse to leave an ambiguous end to the series, I'll be annoyed. Have the guy shanshu, that's all I'm asking. And have Buffy walking out of the sunrise as he looks at it. Heh.
Fri 12/03/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Goatboy wrote:
> This thread is not metal.

You're right. Seems like some kind of nylon material.
Fri 12/03/04 at 17:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"Angel is crap"

*Slow claps*
Fri 12/03/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This thread is not metal.
Fri 12/03/04 at 08:55
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I never saw that one coming...so it was quite a shock!! I don't read spoilers and there was no warning at all that her death was coming...erk!!...makes you think really...few of us will see it coming!!

"Mind that Bus!!" "What Bus...?" **SPLAT**!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.