GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Angel is crap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/03/04 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Isn't it?

Or is it just me?

I was/am a big Buffy fan, and I loved the first 3 seasons of Angel.

But last season, I got completely fed up with the Connor/Jasmine/Cordy story, and this season - apart from a couple of episodes - is just naff.

Last night's episode was laughable, especially the Wolfram & Hart advert/promo video at the beginning. I just thought that was so tacky - it put me in mind of the "I'd buy that for a dollar" adverts in Robocop... okay for the 80's, but really, really sad today.

I'm so pished off with it that I'm selling the first 3 DVD box sets - for me, there's no point in having just part of the series. It's just another show that's going to end in the middle of nowhere.

All the episodes seem so disjointed that they're almost stand-alone. I'm actually finding myself glad that it's been cancelled, and in truth, if it weren't for Spike, I doubt I'd even continue watching to the end of the season. I'm hoping it will pick up a bit now that Lindsey is back and (seemingly) 'evil'.

Other than that? Very disappointed.
Wed 10/03/04 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Isn't it?

Or is it just me?

I was/am a big Buffy fan, and I loved the first 3 seasons of Angel.

But last season, I got completely fed up with the Connor/Jasmine/Cordy story, and this season - apart from a couple of episodes - is just naff.

Last night's episode was laughable, especially the Wolfram & Hart advert/promo video at the beginning. I just thought that was so tacky - it put me in mind of the "I'd buy that for a dollar" adverts in Robocop... okay for the 80's, but really, really sad today.

I'm so pished off with it that I'm selling the first 3 DVD box sets - for me, there's no point in having just part of the series. It's just another show that's going to end in the middle of nowhere.

All the episodes seem so disjointed that they're almost stand-alone. I'm actually finding myself glad that it's been cancelled, and in truth, if it weren't for Spike, I doubt I'd even continue watching to the end of the season. I'm hoping it will pick up a bit now that Lindsey is back and (seemingly) 'evil'.

Other than that? Very disappointed.
Thu 11/03/04 at 09:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Lindseys in a few episodes and thats it. There are some good episodes to come in Angel, and the main story arc is yet to become apparent. I thought Lindsey would be the main story of Season 5 but its something completely different.
Thu 11/03/04 at 13:24
Regular
First season (with that Irish guy) was awesome, gone steadily downhill since.
Thu 11/03/04 at 15:23
Regular
WOOKIEE!!!
How much do you want for your Angel DVD sets???
Thu 11/03/04 at 15:45
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I thought the first 4 seasons of buffy and the first two seasons of angel were good, but the rest were fairly abysmal.
Thu 11/03/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Buffy got crap with evil Willow

Angel got crap with Conner

Why can't they just keep it nice and simple? Each episode there is an evil thing, sometimes the evil thing can be really evil and in more then one episode, but in the end Angel goes all vamp-like and kills it.

Nice and simple. Nice and entertaining.
Thu 11/03/04 at 16:29
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Buffy got crap with evil Willow

Apart from the series with Faith and the one with Glory I thought Evil willow was the best! It was great to see one of the scooby gang being corrupted by power and being sent on a rampage of vengeance that can't be stopped even by the slayer.

> Angel got crap with Conner

Yeh I agree with you and wookie there. It was great until the whole Conner, Cordy and Jasmin series. That was just pants. It think it is picking up again now that that series is over. Too bad they couldn't have just kept up the good work from the first few series to stop it being cancelled. No chance of being recomissioned.

> Why can't they just keep it nice and simple? Each episode there is an
> evil thing, sometimes the evil thing can be really evil and in more
> then one episode, but in the end Angel goes all vamp-like and kills
> it.

Pfft that smells. It's very hard to keep the audience interested if they change the big bad in each episode. They need a new challenge each series. One that slowly unwraps and they slowly get to grips with before a series finally that'll knock your socks off. Just like the good ol' days of Buffy. By all means have a random episode every now and again with just a gang of vamps/a big evil demon/a curse gone wrong or whatever but you need a big bad. One per series. The only problem with that though is unless you're careful it just seems repetitive and unbelievable that Buffy has slowly encountered enemies progressively harder and not randomly hard and not.
Thu 11/03/04 at 17:34
Regular
Ah, Faith.

Buffy TVS was great, especially with its painfully cheesy speech almost every episode. They just hit the cringe factor on the head. Spot on.
Thu 11/03/04 at 18:26
"High polygon count"
Mystique wrote:
> WOOKIEE!!!
> How much do you want for your Angel DVD sets???

They're on eBid at the moment with a reserve of £44.99 each, or a Buy Now option of £49.99 - way under the RRP, and less than on Play or DVD.co.uk

They've been opened, but are unwatched.

[URL]http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/main.cgi?mo=search&words=paranoimia&type=user[/URL] to see the auctions.
Thu 11/03/04 at 18:30
Regular
Buffy Season 2.
Classic season, none of this "Ooo I'm the slaaayerrr" crap and good ol' Buffy loves Angel but then Angel nailes Buffy, turns evil and kills a load of people,Spike being all GRRR I hate the slayer and Dru being all "Pssssp psssp psssp Angelous", Willow being a geek, Giles being a Watcher and not some ponce having a mid life crisis (hello! ear ring!) and Xander....well..being the same as every other episode ever made.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.