GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Angel is crap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/03/04 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Isn't it?

Or is it just me?

I was/am a big Buffy fan, and I loved the first 3 seasons of Angel.

But last season, I got completely fed up with the Connor/Jasmine/Cordy story, and this season - apart from a couple of episodes - is just naff.

Last night's episode was laughable, especially the Wolfram & Hart advert/promo video at the beginning. I just thought that was so tacky - it put me in mind of the "I'd buy that for a dollar" adverts in Robocop... okay for the 80's, but really, really sad today.

I'm so pished off with it that I'm selling the first 3 DVD box sets - for me, there's no point in having just part of the series. It's just another show that's going to end in the middle of nowhere.

All the episodes seem so disjointed that they're almost stand-alone. I'm actually finding myself glad that it's been cancelled, and in truth, if it weren't for Spike, I doubt I'd even continue watching to the end of the season. I'm hoping it will pick up a bit now that Lindsey is back and (seemingly) 'evil'.

Other than that? Very disappointed.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Cub!st wrote:
> I think series 3 has Faith in it and series 7 has Glory. Watch those
> series of Buffy and maybe you'll change your mind Hedifx.

Season 5 had Glory in it. Season 7 is The First Evil
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:07
Regular
"8==="
well if it did then it has itself to blame. It copied itself over too many times, like a tape: once you've copied it a few times the quality starts to degrade.

By today's standards the early stuff isn't much cop anymore either.

When I only had 4 channels to watch it was one of the better 6-7pm shows.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
*chucks holy water on you* EVIL! Buffy The Vampire Slayer, if anything, got axed too quickly!
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:04
Regular
"8==="
Actually I've also seen a bit of glory too. I think when they showed re-runs at about 11am on sky-one, I certainly watched an episode or two before I crashed out after a night of gaming.

Buffy is better than GMTV.

I don't like it as prime time or when it's put at an hour when something of true quality could be on (say 24 for example).
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:02
Regular
"8==="
Dipped into quite a bit of series three, it's still churning the same format into dust.

The series should've been permanently 'staked' a lot earlier.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:00
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I think series 3 has Faith in it and series 7 has Glory. Watch those series of Buffy and maybe you'll change your mind Hedifx.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:55
Regular
"8==="
and yes before I ridicule something I like to have a rough idea of what I am talking about.

Bell: Take note.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:55
Regular
"8==="
I watched a few episodes of Angel and the first two series of Buffy.

Basically they were the best thing on TV in a really poor line-up, I watched Buffy during my first year at Uni when the N64 games had dried up and I had a ridiculous amount of free time.

In the first two series it was something new, now it's just repetitive garbage and I have more engaging things to waste my time on.
Wed 24/03/04 at 18:26
Regular
It's cool not to like Buffy or Angel, if you're a cool English teen. SO he's probably watched something like Becoming and gone "That's so crap, I hate it...but I'll watch next series to see if what happens."
Wed 24/03/04 at 17:49
"High polygon count"
It sounds like you've watched a awful lot of Buffy and Angel, considering you don't like them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.