GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boooring..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/04/05 at 19:53
Regular
": ("
There doesn't seem to be any new PS2 games worth buying these days. Now that im starting to get bored of PES4 after playing it non-stop for 6 months i've decided to spend my month's pocket money on getting a game for my PS2...but theres nothing worth buying imo.

Midnight Club 3 is the only half-decent game that looks interesting, but im not gonna get it because the only racing game I like is Project Gotham Racing 2. Theres loads of old but good games for the PS2 i've probably not got so I could get a couple of them off of Ebay for cheap.

The only games that I can see myself playing for 6 months non-stop are games like PES4, sport games basically. Basketball, Tennis...maybe even Golf, just a game that doesn't involve a story cause I dont have time for them.

Im no major Basketball fan but I know how to play it so maybe a Basketball game is what I need to replace PES4...

If I were to get a game with a storyline it would have to be a really simple storyline and not involve too many puzzles and I don't like using my brain when playing games so if possible i'd like a game with a simple storyline and simple gameplay.

Anyway, blah blah blah....reccomend me some games, yo.
Mon 25/04/05 at 19:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That is a good deal actually.

It is a very good game. Tiltawhirl loves it to pieces, as do others, but it's not that good. But worth £20.
Mon 25/04/05 at 19:20
Regular
Core, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for less that £20 on Ebay. Thats gotta be a good deal seeing as it hasn't even been out for a month yet!

But whats it like...?
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:44
Regular
When I said it costs me £40, I ment over that month, so I spend about £10 every saturday...not £40. :D

As for Madden, no thanks. Hate American Football.

Im gonna browse around on Ebay and find myself a bargain seeing as im getting my money tommorow.

Never heard of it before but GamesRadar have reccomended Kessen III which looks like some sort of tactical Japanese game. Not my kinda game but i'll read more about it cause you never know, I might just find it's the game of my dreams. :P

I've got so many things i'd like to get, but I can't get them all. Here are some options I might take :

1) £40 Hoody + £40 to go out + £20 for game rentals + £30 for a game = £130

2) £40 to go out + £90 for a Cube with games etc etc = £130

3) £40 Hoody + £40 to go out + £50 for a few cheap games off of Ebay = £130

4) Give it all to charity.

I think 4) or 1) will be the best option because I don't want to pay for something expensive and see that it only lasts me a little while. If I spend £20 to rent games out every week that means i've always got something to do and I will also be able to go out with my mates on Saturday, get a Hoody AND buy a game to keep.
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Coin wrote:
>>
> I still find I have a lot of time. WoW has began to become boring. My
> lvl 19 Rogue can pretty much kill anything he finds currently, and I
> haven't had any quests for a while.
>
>

hahahahahahahahhahahah

*breathes*

haahahahahahhahahahahah
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:38
Regular
Your friends charge you to go out with them?

That's cold
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
Wow. Going out with my mates costs about £10, maybe £15 at a stretch.

But I'm cheap..

I still find I have a lot of time. WoW has began to become boring. My lvl 19 Rogue can pretty much kill anything he finds currently, and I haven't had any quests for a while.

FM 2005 will be booted up again today. Roxor. Either trying to take United to the top in one season or Fulham to the Champions League in two. Either way, I'm gonna win something tonight.

Also, I haven't really got into MGS 3. That said, I only watched the opening movie and got eaten a couple of times, so I haven't had a chance.

However, Strid, if you're looking for a game for the PS2... Try Madden. Rent it when you have 3 or so mates round, and it kicks any multiplayer game (2v2 teams or 4vC)... Seriously, TS3 sits and watches us lose horrificly and get very frustrated. But it feels so good when you win (never play on Easy. Ever.).
Mon 25/04/05 at 15:52
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
> Instead, my laptop has been on none stop on FM 2005...and WoW which
> has taken over my gaming life...

I agree with the FM 2005 issue, but I dont think WoW looks that good and you have to pay to play which is a big no for me.

FM2005 can't really take over my life because I have it running on a Laptop so I can just play it while watching TV downstairs.

What im gonna do this month is get a DVD and game every weekend so I have something to play on Sundays. Im getting £130 (yes, 130 pounds!) tommorow and will be using £40 on getting a hoody, £40 on going out with my mates on Saturdays and that leaves me with £50 to spend on a game, if I rent a game out and really like it and dont manage to complete it i'll buy it with that £50.

For the last week i've been really short of money so im really looking forward to getting my £130 tommorow and making sure it lasts me the whole month.
Mon 25/04/05 at 01:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
PES4 breathed some life into the PS2 for me a bit back, and now having played it to death its not switched on as often. Then i got MGS3, but never really got into it and havent played it since. Now the PS2 hasnt been on for a few weeks.

Instead, my laptop has been on none stop on FM 2005...and WoW which has taken over my gaming life...
Sat 23/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
Stridman wrote:
> Nah I just had a look at some of the Cube games avaliable and theres
> not alot that interest me, most of them are Mario and RPGs which
> aren't what I like.
>
> I might get Metal Gear Solid 3 if I can get it off of Ebay for
> £20, then i'll try and get NBA Live 2005 for around £20.
> That should keep me busy for a little while, if not, suicide is the
> only option left.

NBA Street leaves Live far, far behind...
Sat 23/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
"8==="
Get some interesting PS1 games you haven't played.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.