GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Israel/Palestine"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/02/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was doing a media topic in Sociology during the week about the conflict between Israel and Palestine.

Answering honestly who do you think is the 'worse' side and who started the conflict and what is it about?
Mon 16/02/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Er, like who? Go back in history and pretty much every nation, in some form, has had a pop at empire building and land grabbing. In fact if it's the nation I'm thinking you're hinting at then it's a pretty poor example.

You want a good example then look no further than good old England....
Mon 16/02/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Emperor Xerxes Q.C. wrote:
> Lindgren wrote:
> That reminds me of a certain nation....
>
> Reminds me of every nation in the history of humankind.

I can recall a few that havent built up "empires" or tried to. Some are content just as they are.
Mon 16/02/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/ (space) 0224069829/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/026-0707640-6247613

An excellent book, and a good introduction to the history behind the conflict.
Mon 16/02/04 at 13:43
"Mimmargh!"
Lindgren wrote:
> That reminds me of a certain nation....

Reminds me of every nation in the history of humankind. Basically we just yoinked it from the non-human animals then from each other. America and Israel just happen to be more recent examples of this land grab strategy.
Sun 15/02/04 at 20:57
Next to Dr Seuss, I agree.
Sun 15/02/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The bible is the most hypocrytical piece of writing ive ever come across in my life.
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:39
Heh. The land was owned by the Arabs, but the lovely book of Bible insisted that the promised land for Jews was there; obviously it didn't mention small details such as war and years of conflict in order to get the promised land. Why?

Because it's the Bible.
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
>
> It's the ones who feal they can waltz into land that isn't theirs and
> claim it is their that deserved to lose their heads.
>

That reminds me of a certain nation....
Sun 15/02/04 at 16:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm an Arab, in fact my dad was kicked out of Jerusalem when he was 4.

And my mum's Lebanese.

I don't have much of a reason to like the Israelis, yet I have nothing against the Israelis as a whole.

It's the ones who feal they can waltz into land that isn't theirs and claim it is their that deserved to lose their heads.

As for Dr. Duck... Good on ya :-)
Sun 15/02/04 at 16:08
"period drama"
Yeah, blame the Arabs, good idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.