GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Wed 26/08/09 at 09:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just read this Ducati 'sure' Stoner will return

Found this to be a very strange comment for Livio Suppo to make.Why would anyone think he wouldn't return ?.Whatever was up with the guy he looked like death.Was there more to Ducati's big money attempt to poach Lorenzo than met the eye then ?.
Wed 26/08/09 at 19:56
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Threads been a bit quiet today.......!

I think the stoner thing is the most exciting thing going on at the moment now alot of the contracts are getting sorted. I don't think anyone would be making such a big deal if he'd broken a leg or something, it's just that his injury isn't that visible.

Stoner will return, I think(!), for estoril when he originally said, once he has rested enough. From what I can work out he has had some kind of nasty virus which has just wrecked him - he seems fairly sickly anyway!

I know he gets a load of bad press, maybe he should just admit he was beaten by better riders every now and then rather than blame the bike, but I'm starting to warm to him. He must be one hell of a rider as the people who can't ride the duke arent exactly bad riders themselves. Would've been nice to see what Lorenzo did on one........

Still BSB and Moto GP this weekend, and I'm sure I read in the MCN that Guintoli is ready to race again.........
Wed 26/08/09 at 20:55
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:

Threads been a bit quiet today.......!

Yeah,reckon we may have to offer a GAD to the first person other than us 2 to post in it ! :)

Regarding the Stoner situation I reckon he will be back as well.I know 'Stoner The Moaner' has had some not so nice things said and written about him.A couple of my mates were at Donington when he crashed in practice and there were bunches of idiots clapping,cheering and laughing at him.My personal spin on him is he may not be Mr.Personality and there are times when instead of whinging he should have just taken the fact he had been beaten on the chin and lived with it.As you quite rightly said though no one has come close to taming the mighty Ducati in anything like the way he has.Watching some slow motion replays of him hanging onto the beast while it bucked and weaved like a bull at a rodeo left me seriously impressed.When everyone reckoned he could only win on fast tracks with long straights,he won on tight twisty ones.When people said he could only win in the dry,he won in the wet.He has bags of talent for sure but I would be interested to see how he handles a mega quick team mate.Thats one thing he hasn't had to deal with yet.If he returns firing on all cylinders like I think he will,watching him mixing in it with Rossi,Lorenzo.Pedrosa and co. should be amazing next year.

Numnut wrote:

Still BSB and Moto GP this weekend, and I'm sure I read in the
MCN that Guintoli is ready to race again.........

Yeah,Guintoli is back for Cadwell.I think the guy is fantastic.He would have run Camier very hard for this years BSB title if he had not had his freak accident earlier this year.
Thu 27/08/09 at 20:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Suzuki just announced Capirossi to stay with them for next year :

Suzuki keep Capirossi for 2010

After apparently turning down a lucrative offer to return to Ducati :

Capirossi admits Ducati tried to resign him

Good news,I've always liked Capirossi.Not sure what happened with Vermuelen though.Looks like was dropped in favour of Bautista despite being the only rider to win on of their 800cc bikes.He has stated he desperately wants to stay in MotoGP,so it looks unlikely he left of his own accord,especially as he does not have a ride for next year.Hopefully he will find one as he deserves to stay in the series.Bautista is a strange choice to drop him for IMO,he has been very quick in 250's this year but has been pretty inconsistent,crashing more than any of the other top riders.His last lap crash where he ran straight in the back of Aoyama was a real rookies mistake and not something I would have expected to see from a guy ready to move to MotoGP with a factory team.

Regarding the Ducati situation,Pedrosa has also admitting to 'talking' to the team.Maybe they are not as 'sure' of Stoners return as they claim or have they already decided to give Hayden the boot at the end of season ?.
Mon 31/08/09 at 09:55
Regular
"I like turtles"
Interesting race,you don't often see Rossi giving away presents like that,very strange crash though.Great to see Hayden,Edwards and Toseland all get decent results (think they all needed them) but what about De Angelis ?.What the hell did the feed that guy (apart from his P45 !).He was on fire all weekend,never seen him ride like that before.Pedrosa did a hell of a job in damage recovery mode as well,those Honda's seemed to have real pace around Indy.Also a fantastic race for Bradley Smith in the 125's,the lad rode out of his skin.Misano next weekend,I'm sure Rossi will be wanting to make amends in front of his home crowd.
Mon 31/08/09 at 11:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What a long post for 2 people 0_o

I wish I was a bit more into racing, I'm just not. I used to go "banger racing" with my dad when I was little for a while (my uncle or someone had a car or somthing to do with it) See how vague I was?

Other than that I just don't get it.

Like the look of bikes more than cars I'll admit. My girlfriends brother bought a new one the other day, cost him a fair fair whack, bout 6k I think. (Don't ask me what it is) He brought it over to his mums when we were all over for a BBQ, and as he was wheeling it around the corner to the garage, it just fell to one side. Massive scratch on the side 0_o
Tue 01/09/09 at 00:23
Regular
the rossi accident looked more like a bike problems to me though i have know idea what could of caused it,

could not believe pedrosa going over either, i thought he would of had that race in the bag
Tue 01/09/09 at 09:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yay !,2 more people have posted in the thread !,welcome guys.Although Warhunt isn't a MotoGP fan (yet),I believe this fantastic series will win him over in the end !.

Regarding the Rossi crash,I thought it was a very strange one.Reminded me of the crashes Biaggi used to have on the Yamaha a few years ago.He would be pushing and without any warning the front would just fold on him.I reckon the fact the track at Indy is new and unused contributed to Rossi's crash.It looked as though he was pushing like hell and once he had run offline arrived at the outside of the corner to find there was just no grip there.Over the weekend there were a few very wierd crashes in all 3 GP classes.Anyway,its closed the championship gap right up which should make the last few races interesting.
Wed 02/09/09 at 22:08
Regular
its given lorenzo a bit more confidence too which i think he needed
Thu 03/09/09 at 17:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,Lorenzo will be on it until the end of the season for sure.Should be really interesting to watch.Ducati confirm Hayden staying with them for 2010.Really chuffed for him,deserved to stay IMO.He just needs to continue his very recent improvement in form,which I reckon he will.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.