GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General RPG Thread (Meant to be PS3, b4 Emmie got his mitts all over it)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/09 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some good news for RPG fans who went with the PS3 like myself.

Dragon Age: Origins released Europe on Oct 23 Info
Its more an action/adventure/RPG of the Fable nature from the looks. But you have multiple playing paths which is always good for playability.

White Knight Chronicles released Nov '09 Q&A
More Final Fantasy style'd then DA:O and apparently with great online capabilites so..... much awaited.

Demon's Souls released Oct 6th Info
More action/RPG again but hey, we can't afford to be picky. Game footage looks ok, and previews seems decent. The online aspect seems good, allowing users to pop in and help youat any time if you wish, but this quote troubles me "but we were told that at a certain point in the game--once you've received a particular stone--you can force your way into another player's game and vice versa."

There is also some more info on.....

Final Fantasy 13!!!! Release Date Early 2010
Seems to have a lot more information than when I last looked on the Wiki Page

UPDATE 20/08
Here
A new Tri-Ace game, for PS3! Fans of Lost Odyssey rejoice!

Couple of interesting point here too [LINKhttp://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/042209a.html]Linky[/LINK]
Page:
Mon 03/08/09 at 15:46
Regular
"THFC"
but then again, the Xbox is getting cheaper (well probably the lowest now) but you can pick one up £80ish i reckon. If you ebay local and go collect, offer them cash.

So if there were say 5 games you wanted, it would warrant buying one!

Still a shame because i got the Ps3 hoping it would have loads, i opted for the Xbox later due to it not happening!
Mon 03/08/09 at 18:07
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Same Emmie, same. Although played Lost Od, Blue Dragon (amazing fun IMO) and errr..... another one.

But on other news FF Site European Version!
Mon 03/08/09 at 18:18
Regular
"How Ironic"
Don't know why, and this should not be true, but it seems to be that the PS3 is for the guts and blood gamers, with your big graphical FPS's, whilst the xbox seems suited to a variety of other game genres being promoted.
Mon 03/08/09 at 19:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
To be fair there's not been much RPG's this gen (certainly not compared to the PS2 anyway) although what has come out has been quite good (Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 especially) hopefully once FFXIII comes out then it'll pick up
Mon 03/08/09 at 22:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
How come no-one has mentioned Final Fantasy XIV? I've just seen the trailer for it advertised on the Playstation Network. One to download tomorrow methinks. Is there any way of making this PS3 browser small, the text box is taking up my entire screen
Tue 04/08/09 at 07:37
Regular
"THFC"
Final Fantasy XIV?? Really, i will have a look but did not think they would have a trailer for it yet.

EDIT: saw it and it is a nice trailer, but it is an Online FF (prob ps3 exclusive aswell!)
Tue 04/08/09 at 12:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahh yes. It's the online version to replace FF11.

It should not count as on FF in fairness. Like FF11.

Should be FFO 1 and FFO 2 etc
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:33
Regular
"THFC"
Never played Final Fantasy Online, might give 14 a look but we will see. Well and if it is on Xbox lol
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
No word on whether its on 360 yet. Just PS3, but I imagine ti will be based on their remark that they will be spanning to 360 from now onward.
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:44
Regular
Hi thanks, I used the date and am in the security room now, but there are no clues in there and all I seem to be doing is walking about and not getting any further!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.