GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How brilliant is Double Dash!!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:36
Regular
Rapidly becoming my favourite Gamecube game this. I know it has recieved a lot of stick, especially for the battle mode, but the single race experience is second to none.

I've been playing it with a bunch of my brother's mates for the past 2 hours and I'm getting a few mates over to play it in a moment.

Ah I love it so, a true Gamecube memory.
Tue 24/05/05 at 10:56
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
N64 Fan wrote:
>
> It was a golden age. A still playable golden age. There are some N64
> games that will never be surpassed on playability and sheer
> atmosphere. There is something about the new style of games that
> takes all that away.

Not every new game may I add!
Tue 24/05/05 at 10:55
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Strafio wrote:
> I just don't like the handling on the new F-Zero, It just feels so lifeless and "plastic" in comparison (especially with F-Zero - feels more like Wipeout with Sega's arcady makeover)

I agree. It is lifeless. Ive been saying this since it came out but get shouted down every time. It was just bad! I took it back the following day.

> The N64's Golden Age:
> Was it the golden age for games, or just for my playing them?

It was a golden age. A still playable golden age. There are some N64 games that will never be surpassed on playability and sheer atmosphere. There is something about the new style of games that takes all that away.

The N64 (in my house at least) will never die. It is still played every day. There are some games that I will never tire of, pilotwings, PD, Conker, Wave Race, 1080, etc etc etc........
Tue 24/05/05 at 08:26
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I'd just like to raise this point quickly....Baby Circuit (or whatever its called) is by far the best track in ANY Mario Kart game. It's so simple.....but so insanely chaotic. Captures what I love about MArio Kart in one tiny explosive nugget!
Tue 24/05/05 at 01:12
Regular
I just don't like the handling on the new F-Zero and Mario Kart games.
It just feels so lifeless and "plastic" in comparison (especially with F-Zero - feels more like Wipeout with Sega's arcady makeover).

Then again, I can't play the Snes or GBA versions either. Perhaps it's more about what I'm used to.
The N64's Golden Age:
Was it the golden age for games, or just for my playing them?
Tue 24/05/05 at 00:33
Regular
Double Dash > All other versions
Mon 23/05/05 at 23:55
Regular
"She's a dog!"
The Snes version was the best of the three. I've yet to play the GB version but I'm sure the DS version will rule.

Anyway...DD is too easy, too short and the battle mode should have bots.

The snes version was great with the Green Shells bouncing around everywhere and the fact that they were small and some skill was required to shoot somewhere, which would be followed by a great feeling of joy. While DD, its harder to miss with shells against the computer.

Oh and when you use lightning, you should be able to crush people. And how long did Nintendo spend coming up with the Battle Levels...longer than it took me to write this post?? The levels are poor.

Summary

Mario Kart on snes > all other versions
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
*smiles*
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's quite nice, actually. I imagine he's said something stupid/insulting, but it was wasted effort on his part because I can't see it. Hurrah
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:10
Regular
"8==="
I see.
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:57
Regular
My name's Alfonse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.