GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto package arrives in time for Chrimbo"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 19:53
Regular
Anyone interested in this package, retailing at 34 uid in the SR ,mag. This is cheap for two games, I could be tempted into buying it....

...tempt me then staffies....
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:39
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> "If you're an Xbox owner who either hasn't played these games or
> is looking to play them again, the Xbox versions of GTAIII and Vice
> City are the best ones available."

Which proves nothing about graphical superiority.

"Best" is a ridiculously ambigious word in this context.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:39
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Hardly.
>
> Does he honestly sound excited there? His point is that old updates
> may have some appeal but really are nothing to shout about.

Erm lets see, everytime the topic of the disc is brought up he is there to express his delight in the package. Ye I would say he sounds excited but thats not the point, he was dismissing them completely despite the fact he actually is in favour of them.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:44
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> No but he's right...
>
> I wouldn't get excited if the up-coming MGS game on the Gamecube was
> a mere minor upgrade of MGS2...
>
> I might get it as I never played it before but it is a 2 year old
> game...

That's not complete dismissal.

He was merely saying ports like this are nothing to get excited about. The fact that the Zelda disc is packaged with the GameCube and advertised as a five game bundle is a special case, for it will no doubt increase GC sales which would please any Nintendo fan.

But in the overall light of things I see where he's coming from, and it isn't a hypocritical point.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
So Alastair, amongst your rampant posts, can you please explain how the Xbox outperforms £250-350 graphics cards in respect to Vice City ? Because you haven't, you've just quoted Gamespot, the same Gamespot who reckoned True Crime was relatively good and gave a 7.2 to.

I suspect the Xbox Developer community would like your answer as well, alongside graphics card manufacturers.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:47
Regular
Have you played it? No. Do Gamespot mark games realistically? Yes. Who shall I trust? Someone who seems to think Ghost Recon is a better game than R63 or someone who writes reviews on a daily basis and who has played the game from start to finish. Thanks the lord for logical choices.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Do Gamespot link every review to their store ? Why yes !

Do Gamespot, along with IGN and just about every American site and magazine have a history of overmarking big games ? Why yes !

I'm not doubting that this package is a good deal, just that you're claims for the graphics are quite simply insane and up their with untitled's topics.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:50
Regular
"8==="
I'm getting the Xbox version as I may aswell be allergic to PlayStation controllers for all the enjoyment I get out of using them. Apart from Deus Ex i've found most PC Action games (FPS, third person etc) to play in a way I dislike with the mouse and keyboard.

Control-wise it has to be the Xbox for me.

Also because I can't stand the PS controllers I've never played the GTA games so I will be getting myself an Xbox copy.

Also by Xbox copy won't need configuring and I'll be playing it on a nice big fat TV which didn't set me back a couple of grand.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:51
Regular
"8==="
*my
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But both games are still overrated, flawed-but-fun ugly-athons.

Meh.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:58
Regular
"8==="
But both upgraded and available for a total of 30 quid?

Sign me up. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.