GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto package arrives in time for Chrimbo"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 19:53
Regular
Anyone interested in this package, retailing at 34 uid in the SR ,mag. This is cheap for two games, I could be tempted into buying it....

...tempt me then staffies....
Tue 11/11/03 at 00:57
"I love yo... lamp."
Well maybe if I did have problems with SR I would feel differently, but in the years I have been a member, everything I have ordered has arrived on release day or the day after if a preorder or within about 2 days of an order for anything in stock. Always news, always sealed and not even damage to the box.

Sorry you have had bad experiences, but I haven't.
Tue 11/11/03 at 01:02
Regular
I order a game online and I want it guarenteed for arrival two days later and without fail it does and SR can not provide that. Instead when you pay 1st class they say something along the lines of:

"This doesn't mean we dispatch it quicker". They think by offering Reddies they are making up for a lack in quality service but in fact the gifts only cost about £6 to buy anyway so why the fack don't they scrap them and improve prices and service. If so and so can get it for £29.99 for all games then there is no reason why SR can't.

Its bull sheet.
Tue 11/11/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
5th December for the GTA package.

Like Alastair, I would never order from here as all past orders have had problems, including the "just because you preordered two weeks ago doesn't mean you can expect it on the day of release" type excuses from people on the phone.
Tue 11/11/03 at 10:35
Regular
I expect to order it from SR and for it to come for Chrimbo. I'm loyal o:p.
Also italways comes on time, haven't ordered it yet though...
Tue 11/11/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Umm, let me get excited about a game I owned for the PS2 two years ago.

Waits.

Nothing happens.
Tue 11/11/03 at 15:14
"High polygon count"
I don't order from SR any more either, but that's purely based on pricing. If you pre-order at the GAME website these days, even they can be cheaper - which is a miracle!

I never had any problems with SR's service in the many years I did shop with them, though. Second-hand goods? I don't think so! And on the handful of occasions I did have a problem with an order, they were very quick and helpful in getting it sorted. I once had a game replaced by them 4 or 5 times because it wouldn't load (Xenon 2 Megablast for the Amiga CDTV) and eventually got a refund - no problems at all, when many companies would have told me to sod off. (Incidentally, I eventually bought it elsewhere and had the same problem, so gave up on it!)

As for guaranteed release-day delivery, no-one can *guarantee* that unless they use couriers or Special Delivery, because it all depends on the postal service. First-class mail does not guarantee next-day delivery - it never has, and it's even less likely now than it was years ago. In all the years I was a loyal SR member (around 10 years I think), I only ever had TWO games not arrive on release day.

I don't deny other people may have had problems, but SR generally offer customer service that many other companies could learn from.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:51
Regular
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Umm, let me get excited about a game I owned for the PS2 two years
> ago.

So does that mean everyone who has an Xbox has played it? Quit acting like a pubic gorilla.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:57
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Umm, let me get excited about a game I owned for the PS2 two years
> ago.
>
> So does that mean everyone who has an Xbox has played it? Quit acting
> like a pubic gorilla.

No but he's right...

I wouldn't get excited if the up-coming MGS game on the Gamecube was a mere minor upgrade of MGS2...

I might get it as I never played it before but it is a 2 year old game...

Couldn't Rockstar just put more effort into making a multi-format GTA next or whatever...
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:58
Regular
Two of the best games of the modern era get ported as one package which betters that of the PC and PS2 versions, the latter by a long way. Its a great deal of two cracking games.
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:03
Regular
If you say so...

WAhooooo a 2 year old port... lets get excited...

It's like Nintendo fans getting excited over the new Zelda bonus disc.

Gaming has evolved!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.