GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A comeback of sorts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/03 at 15:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
As some of the older members here may well have noticed, I've not been around here for quite some time, yes I was banned. Well, to be fair I was banned twice, but for the same offence. I would like to beleive I have left sufficient time between my banning and a comeback and would like to blatantly accounce to Mr Snuggly that I am returning instead of trying to be sly about it.

So, why was I banned? I was banned for being a baffoon and swearing at a staff member, a obviously bannable offence. I still owe the staff members of Special Reserve an appology and here it is, I'm sorry. I have hibernated long enough and hopefully I will be allowed to either post with this name or, even better, have my old account dusted off and unbanned. I am not claiming I was in the right nor that I shouldnt have been banned, I am saying I learnt my lesson. Up until the point I was banned I never caused any trouble, never spammed or suchlike, just wrote spoofs, stories and generally tried to make people laugh.

I would really like a staffie to OK this so I know if I am ok to return, hopefully I am.

So anyway, people of the forums, how are you all?
Fri 24/10/03 at 21:24
Regular
hmm, @ngel returns at the same time as kyz...

;)
Fri 24/10/03 at 21:30
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
ive been bak for a while actually just not posted much.
Fri 24/10/03 at 21:46
Regular
Some good reviews/hints were we come...
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi.

Aye.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:43
Regular
Well I hope they reinstate you, in fact I will now do your case.....

Kyz22 was someone who put a lot of effort into their posts and reviews. They always tryed their hardest to make people laugh and never had any bad intentions at hear. He(or she) was flourishing and doing well as part of the SR community, and , although I don't condone it, swore at a staff member, which was an unfortunate blip but everybody makes mistakes.
Kyz22 should be given some credit simply because doesn't a life time of good and thoughtful posts more than make up for a few accidental swear words?
Kyz22 was a respected member of Special Reserve and does not deserve to be tossed aside into the scum heap, simply as you would waste a breathe to talk about GAME WHIZ and Kyz22 in the same sentence, because an entity of spamming and being rude is what deserves to make a user deleted, thus Kyz22 does not merrit deletion. Kyz22 also did not get the same warning that a spammer might get, and as for that sincere apology, deserves to come back as it was meant and will not be repeated.
Kyz22 has learnt his lesson and should be re instated, if only for a short "Test run", just to prove that we have lost a loved and respected member who should be welcomed back with open arms.
Many users have sworn (although not directly at the staff) and gotten away, so shouldn't we let bygones be bygones and let this member back as long as:

1)He sincerley apologises, done
2)They agree to the terms and will not get another chance.

As Kyz22 has suffered a winter torn from SR, he (or she) has learnt their lesson and should be allowed back. Kyz22 is not likely to repeat that action as they know the consequences. What does it take to give someone a chance? I hope my and Kyz22's cases are enough to gain reinstation.

Please.

Handy Man
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Oh, and you forgot the part about using the same review for two games...

Just thought I'd mention it... :D

Chips- There when you need him!
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:48
"I love yo... lamp."
Handy Man, you weren't here when Kyz was. I understand what you are trying to do, but it sounds a bit hollow as it is all second hand to you.

Welcome back Kyz.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:48
Regular
As long as it was Kyz22 who did the review in the first place, then that is not too serious.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:49
Regular
Microchips Yum Yum! ;)
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:49
Regular
To NB,

Maybe not as Handy Man, but as spirit and mind..... No seriously, I was here with Kyz22 as My_name_is_jon_smith, if only for a few months.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.