GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Euthanasia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/10/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
A.K.A. mercy killing.

I had to do an essay on the arguments for and against the legalisation of euthanasia in the UK today. After 1 week's research, 90 minutes of typing and 6 sides of A4 I have to say I'm thoroughly convinced that, with proper safeguards, euthanasia is the way to go rather than palliative care.

Surprising fact turned up by me during the research: Suicide was legalised (or should we say decriminalised) in 1961. There ya go, I never knew that.
Sat 01/11/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I think the most basic and fundamental of human rights is the right to live or die. It's way above freedom of speech and all that.

As long as a person is of sound mind, and there are safe guards to prevent abuse, then a person should be able to die if they wish. If that means assisted suicide, then so be it.

I know if i was in a vegative state, with little or no chancce of a recovery, then i'd rather be dead.

It seems to me that most of the people saying its wrong, haven't personalised the situation. They see it as 'if somebody else', rather than 'if i'. This may leave them neutral in the argument, but in a situation where a loved one is ill, then it can only be personal, the family can't stand back and say 'keep them alive for a few weeks more'. Does that make sense? I hope so.
Sat 01/11/03 at 01:24
Regular
Don't want to get all dramatic but I saw my mum die, she didn't want to and she didn't ask to but, knowing after that experience what happened, if she was alive now in the same circumstances (brain tumour) and wanted to die desperately enough I would want to grant her that wish as someone who loved her.
Her death was painful and violent and I would give anything to have made it not so, if that was her wish. Not for me, for her.
It's a moral minefield and you have to be sure that the person involved genuinely wants to go but if they do and they are in genuine unbearable pain - well I know what I would choose.
Fri 24/10/03 at 00:50
Regular
Congratulations! You've chosen to LIVE!

Good choice! Plenty of time to do all the things you never did!

Please wait while we process these results to be examined at a later date...

...processing...

Please press QUIT to exit!

Thank you for using this program!

ERROR: A Fatal Error has occured. This self-termination device must now be restarted.

I'm sorry, you cannot quit at this time.

RESTARTING IN 4

ERROR

Congratulations! You've chosen to DIE.

We're so sorry to see you go! Why not look back on your regrets and think about all your lovers while you wait for the results to be processed!

We are now mixing a dose of chemicals to be injected directly into your bloodstream, helping you to achieve a painless transition into the next life!

...processing...

Your system administrator has disabled access to the Task Manager.

You will feel cool liquid enter your arm, please do not be alarmed and try to remain relaxed.

Congratulations! You're about to die. And remember! A regret is a waste of time!

Say hi to God for me!

Hi there, welcome to Suicide Is Painless Beta 0.8 So You'd Like To Die! edition. Please enter your name!
Fri 24/10/03 at 00:29
Regular
"Laughingstock"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Already done. There was a laptop computer connected to a syringe.
> The patient answered a question on the laptop, the last question was
> "Do you want to die?"

This device should be brought back, then I would have no objection to euthanasia whatsoever. Though I still think it should have the appearance of a Dalek, then anyone using it would at least "go out" with the hint of a smile on their face.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:04
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
I agree with Euthansaia. However, only if the person can make teh decisiont themslefs. Mabye by pointing to somthign or making sound or somthing. If tehy are completwely unable to do ANYTHING, they can not make a sensible decisison. What I mean is that it shoudl be up to the person if Euthansia is endorced. Its cruel to see perople in that state alive, I'm sure they dont liek it either
Wed 22/10/03 at 19:39
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> I'm in a rush, even though I'm not going anywhere. How d'you spell
> Darlic then? Darlec? Darlique?

i think it's either Dalec or Dalek
Wed 22/10/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Black Glove wrote:
> Someone should invent a euthanasia robot to do the exerminating - like
> a Darlic with compassionate circuits.

Already done. There was a laptop computer connected to a syringe. The patient answered a question on the laptop, the last question was "Do you want to die?"

If the patient answered "Yes", the laptop activated the syringe. The software was called "Deliverance". Catchy.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/ collections/about/acquisitions.asp
Wed 22/10/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm in a rush, even though I'm not going anywhere. How d'you spell Darlic then? Darlec? Darlique?
Wed 22/10/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Black Glove wrote:
exerminating
Darlic

Two mistakes in one small sentence - you been at the bleach again?
Wed 22/10/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Someone should invent a euthanasia robot to do the exerminating - like a Darlic with compassionate circuits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.