GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"David Blaine - Above the Below"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/09/03 at 21:38
David Blaine has started his challenge of livinging inside of a glass box for 40+ days. He will have nothing but air, water and a few items of wich he chose to bring into the glass box.

The people monitoring David will be checking his urine to make sure that things are ok.

Will he survie the whole 43 days?

Montior what happens 24/7 at www.channel4.com/davidblaine

Or using the red button on your sky remote.

Discuss
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It has nothing to do with him communicating. It is this:

The technicians who edit the film see everything ten minutes before us. If he suddenly swears/has a poo or something, they go over to footage of the crowd.

Why, if this wasn't the case, would they have the ten minute gap? It's so they can edit it out and still keep it streaming. So they can edit out anything that might cause legal problems or that cannot be broadcast for other reasons.

You're either stupid or malicious, one of the two.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Blank wrote:
> No! Really? He wasn't really levitating? Woah, you've opened my eyes
> to this one. What about his card tricks?

Magic. Really.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Alec wrote:
> Go on the Natbuc explain how he can fake being in a small box for 40
> days

Go on then Alec explain how you can "slam" a card inside a cars windscreen. Seems unlikely, but I've seen plenty of street magicians do it.

just trying to get you to remember he's an illusionist.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No! Really? He wasn't really levitating? Woah, you've opened my eyes to this one. What about his card tricks?
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
If he cannot communicate what he is going to do then how do they know before it is too late eh ? More to the point if they are going to do a 10 min gap, why not just do it live if they are just going to show other stuff. I said clearly, maybe not clear enough for special people like you

"IF THEY CUT IT OUT"

I do not say it will be true if they film something else, but if they suddenly need to cut footage then, unless they pad with adverts, it will be less than 10 mins.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:00
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Go on the Natbuc explain how he can fake being in a small box for 40 days
Sat 06/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Did you know that his levitating thing was a con. I can do it.
Sat 06/09/03 at 19:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Natbuc wrote:
> Yeah, but maybe he just wants you to beleive he's not any more? He
> could well be tricking you all. He's good at tricking people, so why
> should he suffer for 44 days if he can just use his skills and trick
> people?

He could be, but my point was that to stay in there for 44 days is easily possible without trickery.
Sat 06/09/03 at 19:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You don't get it either Belldandy? Jesus you amaze me sometimes. Listen to this:

IF THERE IS A TEN MINUTE DELAY, IT STAYS A TEN MINUTE DELAY.

If he has a poo, they don't cut it out so they're five minutes behind. They show something else, ie the audience, surroundings or go to ad break. If they simply cut it then there would no longer be the ten minute delay, and if they can go without the ten minute delay why bother with it in the first place?

If they just cut it out and went to the next bit of footage, they'd soon be showing footage FROM THE FUTURE.
Sat 06/09/03 at 19:55
Regular
"  "
Blank wrote:
> That's my point, Natbuc. He's not an illusionist any more. It's just
> endurance. If he isn't doing it for real, then fair enough, but the
> point is the stunt is easily possible.
>
> With magic you're supposed to think "That's not possible! It
> must be magic!". With this you think "Hey....most people cn
> do that. Cheat". Unless you're El Robin, then you think
> "Let's watch a man in a box with nothing but water and napies
> for 24 hours a day, hur hur he'll need a poo".

Yeah, but maybe he just wants you to beleive he's not any more? He could well be tricking you all. He's good at tricking people, so why should he suffer for 44 days if he can just use his skills and trick people?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.