GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"David Blaine - Above the Below"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/09/03 at 21:38
David Blaine has started his challenge of livinging inside of a glass box for 40+ days. He will have nothing but air, water and a few items of wich he chose to bring into the glass box.

The people monitoring David will be checking his urine to make sure that things are ok.

Will he survie the whole 43 days?

Montior what happens 24/7 at www.channel4.com/davidblaine

Or using the red button on your sky remote.

Discuss
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Nah it would work in the USA, just have to choose the people right.

For starters, get 4 democrats and 4 republicans. Make sure all 8 have different regional accents. Make sure all 8 have never been outside that region. Make on religious, make one a redneck, another a same sex married couple, and so on...

It'd be the best show ever. (For people who think Big Brother/Pop Idol is really quality TV that is)
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It would be a lot more interesting because there would be interaction between people. I still wouldn't bother, but it would actually be preferrable to someone alone in a box, not speaking etc. Especially if they started to attack each other.

The concept wouldn't work in America though, they all have enough fat stored to see them through several winters.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:35
Regular
Could be the new format Big Brother, stuff 10 people in a sealed house with only water, nappies, wet wipes and a couple of waste tubes, and last person left in/alive gets the money.

Imagine;

"Tonight on Big Brother, see Sarah pass out from malnutrition, David puke his guts up from dry heaving, Dave finally crack from hunger and start trying to chew Lucy's arm, and more !!!!"
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"A bottle of air from David Blaine's air pipe"

"Condensation from the tank of David Blaine"

Both things I expect to see on Ebay soon.

What I was trying to say earlier is, if he'd said "I'm going to stay in for a whole year", everyone would have gone "No way!!1 Must be a trick, but I can't see how!!!!11??////\\!". However with this particular stunt this is no "it must be fake" about it, it can be achieved by most of the population.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:20
Regular
He has nappies and wet wipes, plus toilet roll, and a waste pipe that, I guess, goes straight into the Thames...

Unless some sick gits hire a boat and sit underneath with huge net, in which case you'll probably see "Toilet Roll (Used) from David Blaine NR" on eBay by the end of next week....
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:16
Regular
Oh dear, Blank and his "replying whilst I'm still reading the page" antics so he says something which I'm about to say before he does so.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
One thing though, right, where the heck do his faeces go? He has two pipes, on for water, one for urinating in. So, what if he urinates, and excretes at the same time? Oh, where will he put the toilet roll when he's done with it.

Damn, after those 44 days he'll stink.

Mind you, he ain't eating anything, SO WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO EXCRETE?
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:13
Regular
"  "
Alec, I may be a genius and all that, but I'm not an illusionist. There's plenty of ways to do it I'm sure, but how should I know? What I do know is that he's good at fooling people, so why the hell should he endure that when he has loads of tricks up his sleeves that he could easily pass off to halfs wits like you. I'm not jipping him, I respect what he's doing. All I'm saying is that he doesn't deserve respect for the so called 'endurence' but respect for finding a way to trick people into beleiving he is.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
How gracious of you. Seriously, no sarcasm.

The crowd probably could see him poo, but whether they would want to is another matter. And they'd better get there quick to see it, because he won't be doing much of the stuff. Not eating, and all.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:09
Regular
So the crowd can watch him poo but not tv viewers ?

Seriously though, and treasure this moment because you won't see it again, looks like I'll have to apologise because you are quite right, they can just feed in crowd footage. Which means Robin is indeed wrong, again. So not all bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.