GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"skies of arcadia and other RPG's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Wed 22/06/05 at 17:15
Regular
"And some more !"
i am really interested in Skies of arcadia but i found out they are not in production anymore :( . Anybody know where to get it, im not too fond of ebay so do you guys no any stores where i could pick this up used.

Also i wanted to get tales of symphonia but i cant find that anywhere either. Where can i get that?

Cheers.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Super Kev wrote:
> ok then which should i get next, resi 4 or Tales Of Symphonia?

Well whatever you're more in the mood for at the moment. I preferred Resi 4, and if graphics are your thing it wins on every count. It is shorter, but, in my opinion, more fun.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:07
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
gerrid wrote:
> Super Kev wrote:
> ok then which should i get next, resi 4 or Tales Of Symphonia?
>
> Well whatever you're more in the mood for at the moment. I preferred
> Resi 4, and if graphics are your thing it wins on every count. It is
> shorter, but, in my opinion, more fun.

Sold.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gimo80 wrote:
> The best RPG on the Cube bar none is Tales Of Symphonia though

No! Skies > Tales.

And how you could agree with this gimboid, Chipseh, I have no idea.
Fri 24/06/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
Tphi wrote:
> Well worth the effort, best game on Cube is Arcadia.

i agree. depressing considering its a DC import, the now dead console. to be fair, the GC version is apparently far superior e.g. less random encounters, that was the main criticism for the DC version. maybe if we're lucky sega will make a sequel, there was rumours about one a while ago. whether its production was haulted due to DC's death isn't known, but i hope the unfinished version is lying in some sega developers desk, waiting for people to realise what a class game arcadia is. at this late stage in the cubes life, i don't think arcadia will achieve much more than its cult status.
one of the few games that nintendo buy the exclusive rights to doesn't sell well enough for a sequel to be made, eventhough i couldnt want a sequel to this more than any other game. typical nintendo. if it hadn't got cancelled for ps2 maybe we would have a sequel. i guess we'll never know.
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Tphi wrote:
> No! Skies Tales.
>
> And how you could agree with this gimboid, Chipseh, I have no idea.

The way you have changed my name into an insult is absolutely hilarious. It really is.

And if you like Skies more, fine, its a good game. I don't care.
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:39
"The Will of D."
This is what I think...

Skies of Arcadia > Tales of Symponia

Tales of Symponia = Baten Kaitos

Skies of Arcadia > Baten Kaitos

Although they are my most fav 3 games on the GC apart from MK:DD and SSBM.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:20
Regular
"And some more !"
i finally got skies of arcadia today. I am upto the bit where we go back to pirate isle and the captain (father is calling the guy and tells him to bring the girl with her). Hopefully it gets better along the way. I bought this game mainly because i think pirates are really cool so i hope theres more to the pirate side as well.

Next on my list seems to be
tales of symphonia from all the great reviews but i may order this from the usa as its only 20 dollars (£13).

After that baten kaitos, the only thing holding me back on this is the card battle system, i bought metal gear acid for the psp and hated the card crap so is this a good card system.

After that is resident evil 4, i just hope it becomes players choice so i can get it for £20 :)
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Blow stuff up, wrote:
> i finally got skies of arcadia today. I am upto the bit where we go
> back to pirate isle and the captain (father is calling the guy and
> tells him to bring the girl with her). Hopefully it gets better along
> the way.

You'll love it, like all RPGs it takes a while to get hooked but you will. Once you meet Drachma, the storyline kicks in.. awesomeness. Valua. The Delphinus.. Dude just me writing about it is making me wanna go play it again :)

> After that baten kaitos, the only thing holding me back on this is
> the card battle system, i bought metal gear acid for the psp and
> hated the card crap so is this a good card system.

The card system takes a while to get used to, but it is a change and does work.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Psyİho Fox 19 wrote:
> This is what I think...
>
> Skies of Arcadia > Tales of Symponia
>
> Tales of Symponia = Baten Kaitos
>
> Skies of Arcadia > Baten Kaitos

You speaketh my mind.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gimo80 wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> No! Skies > Tales.
>
> And how you could agree with this gimboid, Chipseh, I have no idea.
>
> The way you have changed my name into an insult is absolutely
> hilarious. It really is.
>
> And if you like Skies more, fine, its a good game. I don't care.

I don't know if you'll believe this, but I've actually only realised you're name sounds kinda like "gimboid". :) Oh well.

No offence meant, honestly. I just get all defensive over Skies. My baby it is. *Strokes picture of Fina on the box*

Tales is a great game, although its less well rounded. Skies to me just seems more "complete" if you know what I mean. Then again Tales has Sheena, so I can't really complain. Both great, we just disagree on which is greatererer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.