GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet/ IRL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/10/06 at 10:12
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I was reading a post by pb in i think in one of Ladybirds topics.

It read...

pb wrote:
> Am I the only one who thinks I come across on the net as the same
> person I am in real life?

So Who can say that they are the same on the internet as they are in real life?

Or

Do you act differently on the internet to escape the person you are in real life or just cos you can get away with been different because no one will know any different?
Mon 23/10/06 at 11:15
Regular
I dunno, when I first met you I assumed all people from Lincolnshire sounded like that ... but you're just a little ... different ... In a good way of course ;)
Mon 23/10/06 at 11:08
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Borat, how would you describe my accent?
Mon 23/10/06 at 11:03
Regular
Seraphim wrote:
> I love different accents. If i can understand them anyway lol.
> Not like these foreigners of preston! Borat at times i couldnt
> understand him lol

Heh, cheek! ;)

Guess it is a little crass and blunt over 'ere in Lanc'shire ... :)
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:55
Regular
pb wrote:
> I don't really have an accent. Guess I can sound a bit posh too,
> but that's just me trying to speak clearly! I can usually go
> into an accent, but I never picked one up naturally. My brother
> has a slight west country (Somerset) accent though.

I speak in jamaican slang with a posh london accent. You have to love it.
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:49
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I love different accents. If i can understand them anyway lol. Not like these foreigners of preston! Borat at times i couldnt understand him lol

I think Bullett was alot more well spoken then i imagined with someone from Leeds. I was expecting a lil more rough kinda thing.

Now Flock, Woah i could listen to him all day. Love his voice :)
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:46
"possibly impossible"
I don't really have an accent. Guess I can sound a bit posh too, but that's just me trying to speak clearly! I can usually go into an accent, but I never picked one up naturally. My brother has a slight west country (Somerset) accent though.
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:44
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Yeah im pretty much me online, all but sound of me you dont know. Though a couple actually at least 3 know what i sound like.

I sound very young and at times posh! <_< As for my accent... hmmm not to sure about that one!
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:40
"possibly impossible"
I certainly know of a few people who are different online than they are in real life.

But for me, I don't see the point. I'm happy with who I am (for the most part) and that means I'm pretty much the person online that I am in real-life.

The only thing missing is my voice, as none of you know what I sound like (unless you remember the Fog Story Audio book that was doing the rounds a few years back).
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:32
Regular
I act a lot nicer than I am in real life. I find it easier to compliment people and rude things can't just slip out of my mouth.
Mon 23/10/06 at 09:02
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ive come across a few people that change completely to who they are online.

Like you get them IRL act so nice (at times) like butter wouldnt melt. Yet when their online and not around its like they dont have a care in the world. Act like a complete get!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.