GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick WoW questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Tue 28/06/05 at 11:33
Regular
Rogue vs Shaman - 1 vs 1?

Best class in the game?
Wed 29/06/05 at 09:03
Regular
You still have to remember that this is there first MMORPG so there is bound to be technicalities.

As far as EQ is concerned, it is absoulte crap in my opinion. I would never ever drop WoW for this because of the small problems WoW has.

Playing US people - Doesn't bother me
Weather effects - Would be nice, but hardly a ground breaking change

And as far as £9 a month goes, we are paying for the best MMORPG available.
Wed 29/06/05 at 08:38
Regular
As for the servers being down, on that side of things Blizzard are taking the pi**. Did anyone read the interview with one of the chief Blizzard guys on the WoW forums?

It pretty much went...

"So is going to be appearing anytime soon what with all the demand?"

"Our main concern is stabilising what we have already"

"But before the game was released you promised trans-atlantic play so people didn't have to buy a game in both regions if they travelled around..."

"But what about those who moved from EQ in good faith they would be able to play with their US/European friends that they spent hundreds of hours with grinding on the basis that you reported this would be available at launch?"

"Real-time weather is a very popular request and one that was rumoured to be out in the first patch, what's the news on this?"

"Our main concern is stabilising what we have got"

"Okie doke, I will make sure my pension is in place for when you get your lazy homophobic anal bandits into gear and start giving us something for our £9 ($15) a month"

They also went on about how they are just launching it in some middle eastern regions at the moment which is taking up a lot of their time, remind me again why I give a f**k about this and how the Chinese will be pleased at getting it?!

Oh and what do we pay £9 a month for? Ahh that's the one, the beloved servers which are abouut as reliable as a cotton condom when taking Ms. "I've been framed eating children" Riley in the ass without 3 bucket fulls of nitro lubricant.
Wed 29/06/05 at 08:25
Regular
Going to start a Priest today on Dunemaul but keep the Rogue (still just short of level 45) to get the dosh, that way I don\'t have to bother looting early on with the Priest unless the request requires me to do so.

Would you say - Spirit > Stamina > Interlect - as far as the Priest goes? Strength I won\'t bother with as I will hardly ever bother with Melee combat. Not sure if Agility gives you any additional bonus\' as far as ranged spell casting goes, anyone confirm this?

Ba*tard thing is, just bought a new sword and dagger for 100G for my Rogue!
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:25
Regular
Down before repairs tomorrow. Cheeky bas's.
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Grrrr, the server has been down for hours now. Stupid Blizzard, sort it out.

It took them 8 hours to repond to my ticket and return the wind rider bird at Splintertree Post. I think it was her time of the month as she'd run off and nobody could go anywhere.
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Priests are great you n00bs.

Go shadow for the levels, and groups want you more than they want real lives (irony coming from me, but yeah), and then Holy at high level and you are guranteed instance groups.

I have about 6/7 spells I can use in combat, and do so regularly. As well as several buffs and a whole host of support/heal spells.

I came accross a 45 shaman, killed him in about 8 seconds. Pain, Vampiric Embrace, Shield, Mind Blast, Silence /pound into submission. Priests need to be careful, and if the numbers go bad, you have to run. But if you have backup, you can have a great time. I am still happily soloing at level 48. Just been slaughtering Horde in Warsong Gulch.

There is a lot of downtime after major fights, but high spirit + Spirit Tap means you recharge faster than most people anyway. I've had plenty of fun - in fact any alt I've played has been pretty dull, compared to my Priest. It was a totally random choice and i haven't regretted it a bit.
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My druid is crap at PvP fighting, but then he's a healer and rules when it comes to healing stuff and sticking people in place with entangling roots.

My lv26 shaman almost beat a lv28 night elf druid when he was just a tiddler at lv24.
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:11
Regular
Curse the sheep!
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:02
Regular
Creepy wrote:
> but also
> a mage can be a pain in the ass.

Indeed we can =D
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:01
Regular
With my rogue I find level 60 shamans easy, just keep them gouged, Kick those long heals and re-stealth whenever possible. Don’t forgot to Cold blood eviscerate them too =]

As someone else said the hardest to kill are shadow priests but also a mage can be a pain in the ass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.