GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick WoW questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Tue 28/06/05 at 11:33
Regular
Rogue vs Shaman - 1 vs 1?

Best class in the game?
Sat 02/07/05 at 01:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's impossible to get into the BG now, I was waiting for 2 hours today with nothing.

I checked to see who was in there and there were 20 lv60's playing and that was it. No other people were playing.
Fri 01/07/05 at 11:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Soulkeeper is crap compared to Sarah's guide and that's a quest reward. Anyway, i would agree with the general caster attribute plan with the only exception being warlocks taking stamina over intellect.
Thu 30/06/05 at 20:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
>
> Casters want Intellect Stamina Spirit.
>
>
>

Yup, exactly. Everything else is pretty much superfluous.

My strongest three are actually Intellect, then Spirit and then Stamina, but I consider my Priest to be pretty good. Earlier on in WSG, I took a Tauren 50 warrior, then a 45 mage straight after (he was fresh, and I was half-ish dead etc, depleted mana) then with the aid of a warlock, took another 50 warrior and a 47 priest, and I reckon I did 75% of the damage on the last two as well. Sweet as.

Rogues I also beat more often than not - eg I took a 47 to town inside the Horde base, he was UD, he dispelled my fear and I still took him. But I duelled a 49 Gnome outside WSG a bit and he creamed me 3/4 times. He was horribly laggy though.... I was facing him and spells wouldn't cast etc.

I now also want a Great Brightwood Staff, despite the fact I will mostly likely never get one. A Soulkeeper is the backup choice, and I reckon I could have one soon. But the GBS is just...... yum.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:47
Regular
If you don't stun or Ambush with a Rogue and you are fighting a similar level you are screwed, any spell casters with half a brain cast a DOT before they Vanish meaning they will quickly come back out of Stealth for a beating.

The leather armour restriction means you can't go all out Melee with a Warrior or other mail/plate wearing classes (Hunters aside) as although you may do more damage per hit (DW) you will get A-Holed in no time at all.

Most classes work on the basis of who sees who first but the Rogue 100% relies on this to get anywhere in PVP. This is what also annoys me from idiots saying Rogue is a cheap way out, actually getting through 10 or so Horde without being spotted to get the moves off and out of there without dying is a skill, as is knowing which classes to stun and which to Ambush etc. They are reasonably tough for solo questing.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:39
Regular
Yeah, next to the Barrens in a random town which is a pretty crap place to start seeing as you can't move straight to the Barrens from there meaning you have to go on a suicide run to get to your next quest area.

Night Elf area is just a pile of toss shank in terms of getting to other areas, I was just grateful that once you are done there you are done, my only return was to collect my mount on both occassions.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:36
Regular
It all depends on who sees who first.

If I'm spotted first they can do their usual annoying gank attack however if I see them first I can kill them without them getting a hit on me.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:33
Regular
Orgrimmar is the place to be.

Orcs and Trolls start near Orgrimmar.

Undead start miles away but are only a short zeppelin journey to Orgrimmar.

Tauren start in the middle of nowhere, much like Night Elfs.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:33
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> As a mage I find rogues and warriors the easiest to kill.

Depends, if I critical hit with the dagger I have using Ambush I deal around 1000 damage, if they don't turn around quick enough and I get a backstab in I do a further 300 damage, the rest is piece.

Even if I don't critical hit with the Ambush I rarely have problems, the only time I have any problems is if I miss the Ambush to start of with and I usually end up vanishing quickly to get myself out of it.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:30
Regular
By the way, having played as a Horde for a crazy amount of hours and with your switch to the Alliance, any preferences over the starting areas for the Undead and your new Alliance?

I take it there is some sort of AH for Horde? Heard the name Orgimar used loads but have never come across it with my Alliance characters.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:29
Regular
As a mage I find rogues and warriors the easiest to kill.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.