GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hussein boys dead?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/07/03 at 18:05
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3087121.stm

Well, maybe. I doubt it for some reason.

And part of me can't help but think it's all a ploy.
Thu 24/07/03 at 17:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/

To me it could be anyone, although I accept it's them because I haven't actually seen the bodies myself. Although it does make me wonder why they took the shots from that dodgy angle...
Thu 24/07/03 at 17:45
Regular
"bWo > You"
I don't know about you, but I really couldn't tell anything from those photos at all. Sure, it looked similar to Uday, but it could still be anyone, really.

I rely on the dental records for proff, myself, and as I haven't actually seen them, I'm still undecided about the whole affair.

I also saw that A column was written on the front page of the Independent today, making the case for besieging the place, and then trying to get the sons to come out after days of starvation. At the very worst, they could have shot themselves in the head, but the wouldn't have done enough damage to make us think that they were anyone except themselves.
Thu 24/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Goatboy wrote:
> Pics are up of the two sons.
> Except, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the US up in arms about US
> soldiers being displayed on Al Jeezera?

Yes, that one was a nice double standard, wasn’t it?

Hussein’s old bodyguards have sworn that more revenge attacks on American soldiers will be carried out.
Thu 24/07/03 at 17:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Practical Magic wrote:
> No danger eh ? Right, I'd love to see your reaction if in the middle
> of an invasion we dumped you, injured, behind enemy lines. You'd be
> bricking it. Not to mention that this enemy in question has executed
> thousands of POWS over it's history.

You are rehashing the same old stuff. Take this in:

SHE WAS IN A HOSPITAL.

Furthermore, she had most of the staff to herself. She was being LOOKED AFTER. That's what generally happens in a hospital, they don't usually execute you. The head doctor put her in an ambulance and took her over to "allied" troops - he got shot at, and had to turn back. He was in an AMBULANCE. Our troops shot at an AMBULANCE.

> It worked, in and out with no loss.

No surprise considering all enemies had left and the hospital staff were helping her.
Thu 24/07/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You'll be trying to tell him Tom Clancy is just a hack novelist next.
Thu 24/07/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Man or woman it does not matter, coalition forces always go after
> their own and do so assuming resistance. Shouting, waving weapons etc
> is all part of having a psychological impact which encourages the
> target to comply. It worked, in and out with no loss.

Methink you've been watching too much Platoon and Full Metal Jacket!
Thu 24/07/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Must be nice to be a master tactitioner at such a young age.
And not even in the military! Woolies really train you guys good eh?

Pics are up of the two sons.
Except, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the US up in arms about US soldiers being displayed on Al Jeezera?
Heck, nice that both sons were together at the same time. It's not like the entire US army was after them or anything.

I'm surprised some waggish jarhead didn't scribble "i bum men" on their foreheads as well.
Thu 24/07/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
No danger eh ? Right, I'd love to see your reaction if in the middle of an invasion we dumped you, injured, behind enemy lines. You'd be bricking it. Not to mention that this enemy in question has executed thousands of POWS over it's history.

Man or woman it does not matter, coalition forces always go after their own and do so assuming resistance. Shouting, waving weapons etc is all part of having a psychological impact which encourages the target to comply. It worked, in and out with no loss.
Thu 24/07/03 at 15:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Dr Duck wrote:
> Practical Magic wrote:
> 2) A war was on, if you're stupid enough not to know each side
> throws
> propoganda around then more fool you.
>
>
> Isn't this his point - that it was mere propoganda?
>
> No, his point seems to be that their was an intentional plot to hide
> the truth, which there was not,

Ha! This is rich Belldandy. I've seen some really stupid things from you, but this takes the cake. You're trying to tell ME what MY point is? Jesus Christ this is the most laughable thing I've seen in ages. Dr Duck was right, for your information.

> they let the media do what it does
> best - make it's own story up to fill the headlines. They did not
> correct the media, but why bother when it can't sort itself out eh ?

No, you can't blame it on the media. It wasn't the media who said they'd captured a girl from the clutches of enemy troops. It wasn't the media who recorded it and conveniently only showed a body being taken out of a building. It was blatant propaganda - as you have said - the girl was in no danger, and this was known to our forces.

> As for Blank, well he still insists that they knew no troops were in
> the hospital because local people said so. Blank, if you were an
> operator you would not rely on such information. As I said before,
> operators assume the absolute worst and react as such, that way
> everyone comes home alive and not in body bags because they
> assumed....geez Blank, get a clue !

And obviously you know lots about this? Once again, Belldandy proves himself incapable of reading. It wasn't just everyone in the surrounding area who said the poorly armed enemy forces fled ages ago, but they'd also scouted out the area days before. They knew for themself, without asking anyone else.

You don't even seem to know who you're arguing for - one minute you say it's propaganda the next your arguing the opposite.
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Just like Bin Laden eh?

Just like all those guys (and woman) on the Iraqi playing cards... I believe they will all be captured, extracted or killed in the future. It's a matter of time, and time is now on the coalition's side.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.