GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hussein boys dead?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/07/03 at 18:05
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3087121.stm

Well, maybe. I doubt it for some reason.

And part of me can't help but think it's all a ploy.
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:40
Regular
War is justified because it has to be. A leader of a country can't just abuse his power and inflict destruction upon his people. If war can't be justified we would all be speaking german now and worshipping a Nazi.
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not quite in command of all the facts there are we Quasi?
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:48
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Not quite in command of all the facts there are we Quasi?

No, but it is quater to ten and i ahven't been at school for a week :)

*Sips Coffee*
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:54
Regular
Quazimodo wrote:
> If war
> can't be justified we would all be speaking german now and worshipping
> a Nazi.

Self-defence is the only circumstance in which war is justified. I don't think the war against Saddam's regime was waged in self-defence.
But hey, people dressed in uniforms have been killing each other since time began, every time nicely justified by the leaders concerned.

The evolution of humanity is at a standstill. That's what the Iraq war symbolizes to me. Solving problems with violence is the law of the jungle in action.
Wed 23/07/03 at 10:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Quazimodo wrote:
> No, but it is quater to ten and i ahven't been at school for a week
> :)
>
> *Sips Coffee*
---

Heh
Fair enough
Wed 23/07/03 at 10:04
Regular
Nomad Soul wrote:
> Quazimodo wrote:
> If war
> can't be justified we would all be speaking german now and
> worshipping
> a Nazi.
>
> Self-defence is the only circumstance in which war is justified. I
> don't think the war against Saddam's regime was waged in self-defence.
>
> But hey, people dressed in uniforms have been killing each other since
> time began, every time nicely justified by the leaders concerned.
>
> The evolution of humanity is at a standstill. That's what the Iraq war
> symbolizes to me. Solving problems with violence is the law of the
> jungle in action.

Theres never going to be anything such as world peace anyway, but the thing i dont understand is that in the last century Britain has contrubuted to WW1, WW2 and so on by fighting but we dont actually want to fight and then there are countries which fall because there leader like Saddam, Hitler and the Kaiser have abused there privileges realise that they will fail and carry on doing so. Hitlers reason to do this was emotional and personal, the Kasiers was a rivalry with Britain that he took a bit to seriously and Saddam was just an evil guy that got self-enjoyment out of torturing people. Now we have United Nations but now it seems that it could fail like the League of Nations, France and Germany did not want to fight in this war does this symbolise a weakness within United Nations. In years to come will the UN split, will these Peace Keeping Groups fight against each other? What i am trying to say is either side of any war wrong, if war cannot be justified than why are we fighting?
Wed 23/07/03 at 10:05
Regular
I really should have used paragraphs!?!
Wed 23/07/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> Self-defence is the only circumstance in which war is justified.

But then, all wars become illigitimate, because one side or other is NOT in it for self-defence.

Fantastic.
Wed 23/07/03 at 12:45
"Mimmargh!"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> The evolution of humanity is at a standstill. That's what the Iraq war
> symbolizes to me. Solving problems with violence is the law of the
> jungle in action.

A contradiction in terms in my opinion. I thought the 'law of the jungle' was almost evolution defined. The fittest survive, even between the human race. We will never really be a peaceful race since it is our aggression that probably made us the dominant and most successful species. A cynic could argue that the Iraq war was evolution in action in a strange kind of way. Even if it is about oil it would mean more resources for one sector of the population allowing them to survive more. However, civilization and race are two very differant things. More to the point it is odd that we attack each other when we are actually all the same race really, but I suppose this is exactly what happens when you have no natural predators left on the planet yet you belong to a race of social creatures. Maybe it is inevitable that these societies will compete so as to fulfil evolution in some way.

But you may well disagree.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not really seeing a whole lot of coverage of the dead 14yr old grandson though.
Guess that might ruffle the flag waving?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.