GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why buses suck."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/06/03 at 11:52
Regular
After coming off a motorbike 3 weeks ago, I'm not allowed to ride again until my broken wrist heals, and I'm demoted to the bus (I can drive, but the missus takes my car to work).

Today I was an hour late. I waited for the 'every 20 mins' bus thismorning for 1hour 10 mins, before getting on a bus from another bus company, who was also supposed to be there 20 mins erlier. This is the 3rd time in 3 weeks i've been late to work by over an hour.

A couple of days ago, I got on the (late) bus and it stank of puke. Trust my luck to get on the exact same puke smelling bus on the way home too.

Gordon Brown is a muppet. He is increasingly taxing the motorists of this country with the blag that if people dont want to pay it they can always use public transport, and many believe he is trying to force us onto public transport to save pollution and resource consumption and stuff.

Noi. He knows exactly how useless public transport is, and taxes the motorist to the teeth knowing they have no other option. Perhaps if the extra revenue earned was spent on public transport, instead of housing immigrants and building motorways in sweeden, we'd have a better place to live.
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
saw a guy running for the bus yesterday, the driver waitied until he was about 4 feet from the door and then pulled away.
Checking your side mirrors is part of the pulling away procedure so there's NO WAY he didn't see that guy, he was just being a pain.

maybe a set of guidelines whereby you can report behaviour like that, it's not neccessary and it doesn't do anything for public relations...
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Slaveunit wrote:
> It's blatant robbery. The govt know they can bill us like this because
> they know we have no other way - public transport is not an option.

There is always the Tories...
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:36
"I love yo... lamp."
In some states you can start at 15. Although most states require you to have at least 50 hours driving practice where you have sat with a qualified driver, who has to sign for you. If it turns out to be fraudulent you get the can I think.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do you know how easy it is to drive in America?

You can learn at 16 and my dad's friend told him when he lived in Philadelphia his son's test involved a policeman checking his son's driving which consisted of a 15 minute drive round his neighbourhood.

It costs a fortune here. I get a 'cheap' one hour lesson at £15.

On average I need about 28 lessons to pass... that's about £420 for lessons alone. Not including paying for my provisional and full license... my theory test and then paying over the top insurance on a crap car and then paying this bloody countries expensive road tax and petrol.

And I get paid £3.46 an hour
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yep, they suck.

My work is a few miles up the road and just too far too far to walk usually. So I need to get the bus. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to drive up there normally but the bus journey takes a massive detour and usually takes roughly half an hour. And then I need to walk for about 10-15 minutes to my work as no bus covers it.

But the bus I get is usually ten minutes late and I just make it to work even though I leave my house an hour before I start.
Tue 17/06/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> I'd pay a fiver if i could drive as fast as i wanted.

Or, they would open up these extra lanes to the general public without charge, easing the traffic for everyone by nearly half....

It's blatant robbery. The govt know they can bill us like this because they know we have no other way - public transport is not an option.

And to annoy me further, the car park behind my house has gone up. We have to park the car there because getting a space for the house where we live is £350 a year, and that only guaruntees a residence space, not one outside your own house.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:41
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Talking about buses, all the Buses in this area have big notices inside them that read "Our customer promise: Our buses will not run more than 5mins late and will never run earlier than the timetabled times"

Ha!! for the last week everytime I buy a return ticket to work, the bus runs at least 5mins early , and as its the last one due to my wierd work hours I have to walk a journey for which I hold a valid return ticket GRRRR... I was fuming earlier...
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:35
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
> After coming off a motorbike 3 weeks ago, I'm not allowed to ride
> again until my broken wrist heals, and I'm demoted to the bus (I can
> drive, but the missus takes my car to work).
>
> Today I was an hour late. I waited for the 'every 20 mins' bus
> thismorning for 1hour 10 mins, before getting on a bus from another
> bus company, who was also supposed to be there 20 mins erlier. This is
> the 3rd time in 3 weeks i've been late to work by over an hour.
>
> A couple of days ago, I got on the (late) bus and it stank of puke.
> Trust my luck to get on the exact same puke smelling bus on the way
> home too.
>
> Gordon Brown is a muppet. He is increasingly taxing the motorists of
> this country with the blag that if people dont want to pay it they can
> always use public transport, and many believe he is trying to force us
> onto public transport to save pollution and resource consumption and
> stuff.
>
> Noi. He knows exactly how useless public transport is, and taxes the
> motorist to the teeth knowing they have no other option. Perhaps if
> the extra revenue earned was spent on public transport, instead of
> housing immigrants and building motorways in sweeden, we'd have a
> better place to live.

nothing relieves that pent up rage better than climbing a clocktower with a double barrelled remington and a pocket full of shells ....
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> I'd pay a fiver if i could drive as fast as i wanted. You cant
> complain really, France costs a hell of a lot to drive through

Their fuel and road tax dont cost as much.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:01
Regular
"cachoo"
Skorp1on wrote:
> I waited for an 'every 20 min' bus for 3 hours (im not usually that
> sad, but I really had to get to this place

Heh, I'm like that.. just wait another 10 minutes and it'll be here.. Although I've never waited 3 hours :D

> I should have run after him like the T-1000 in terminator 2, lol.

Ooh.. That's too scary! I hate that bit..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.