GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I take a bath with a plugged in toaster ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 00:33
Regular
I have dissertation to be in friday - can't be @ssed with it. It'd be a lot easier to jump in the bath with a morphy richards. Waddya thinK?

;cD > (Note : Borat Sagdiyev does NOT condone bathing with electrical appliances)
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:02
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Dr Duck wrote:

> drove her car into me before making off hit and run style, and
sabotaged one of my modules.

I've never heard them called that before. Sounds painfull.
Tue 13/05/03 at 04:41
Regular
right damn it, I've had enough of this.

time for a chapter or two of the fall of reach before I enter dreamland, where dissertations don't exist and the world trembles at the sound of my name.

:D
Tue 13/05/03 at 02:06
Regular
mozart is a quality idea. I find it hard to gauge just what grade I am looking at here. Over the years I have got superb grades (91%) when I didn't really expect it and extremely poor (41%) when I put a LOT of effort in. It kind of bewilders you and stops you being able to guess your results.

At the moment I would be more than happy to pass, and getting a great result is simply a bonus. After nearly 5 years of this stuff I am just aching to get a job and start paying off my massive debt.

Anyway, nice one on getting yours in early. I think it'll be an 11th hour type scenario at my end. Theres nothing like leaving everything til the last minute. :o/
Tue 13/05/03 at 01:55
Regular
Just re-wrote a couple of paragraphs. The nagging voice of 'more to be done' seems to be silenced. Not completely happy with it, but to be completely happy it'd take a full re-write by someone with better skills than I possess.
I guess I'll hand it in tomorrow.

Still, the battle to get my mind to work for me isn't over yet. If the diss goes as well as I hope then good grades in my finals will drag my overall grade up a class, a 'turned up, didn't flunk' 2:2 to a shiny shiny 2:1. (Not how I look at them, but how employees will)
I think the highlights of my mediocrity probably deserve the higher grade, though I've had marks ranging between 78 and 38 over the past 3 years.
Plus my personal tutor thought I was constantly high, because I was smiling a lot once. And one of my lecturers was incompetent in her job, drove her car into me before making off hit and run style, and sabotaged one of my modules. I think I deserve 2:1 just for what I've put up with.

Good luck with the thing anyway. Stucture comes eventually. Have you tried Mozart for the concentration?
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:56
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:
> *Finishes dissertation*

smug git, it looks as though I will be up all night (yet again) tonight doing this piece of crap essay.

Its not the typing, I'm quick at that, its putting it together in the most logical order possible. I just know some dickie-bow, glasses wearing, bald professor will be sat there with a red pen in a few weeks, writing 'lacks direction' or 'poorly argued' or something crap like that on my work.

I have a severe lack of concentration, I have periods of about an hour where I can work very hard, then I get cheesed off and go off and watch telly for an hour or so. Why is my brain against me???

*slaps own face*

get a grip man
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:08
Regular
*Finishes dissertation*

Yay :^D

Sorry kids, the suicide'll have to wait until the exams start :^P
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:28
Regular
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> This was actually done;
>
>
> Stick a pencil up each nostril, with sharp end in you.
> Sit on a school desk.
> Slam your head down as hard a possible.
>
>
>
>
>
> The dude who did it died.

garbage thats an urban legend, everyones heard it.

as for what to do when you have no bath in your house, heres an over-elaborate suicide method :

jack the front end of a (front wheel drive) car off the ground. Jump in it, start it up, start accelerating til you're in 5th gear and the wheels are spinning at a helluva rate. put a brick on the accelerator. jump out, position your head underneath a wheel. Kick the Jack !!

Hey presto, eternal darkness and silence is your reward, and NO MORE DISSERTATION.

should you not have a car, or access to one, running with scissors for long enough may produce a good result
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
½pint wrote:
> Alternatively, stab yourself with a pencil and hope you get led
> poisoning.

You would need some sort of time travelling device, its standard now that graphite is used.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:23
"slightlyshortertagl"
This was actually done;

Stick a pencil up each nostril, with sharp end in you.
Sit on a school desk.
Slam your head down as hard a possible.

The dude who did it died.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:18
Regular
"¬_¬"
Alternatively, stab yourself with a pencil and hope you get led poisoning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.