GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The GAD Query Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/02/09 at 20:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Post all your GAD related questions, queries and thank-you's here! And I guess, if you want to brag...do that here too!

Some USEFUL LINKS for Prize Award / Claims info!

[LINK=http://cheats.freeola.com/gaming/rules.php]Competition General Rules[/LINK]
[LINK=http://cheats.freeola.com/gaming/faqs.php]FAQS[/LINK]
[LINK=http://cheats.freeola.com/gaming/claim2.php]How to claim![/LINK]
Page:
Tue 22/11/16 at 19:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
So love Stevie Nicks ... here :¬)
Mon 21/11/16 at 22:50
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
Now that song is going round in my head!

Haha ... thought it might ... so here it is ... again
Mon 21/11/16 at 20:28
"possibly impossible"

DL wrote:
Well done to rhiannonrw ... deserved :¬)

I love Fleetwood Mac too

Post edited by DL on 21/11/2016 at 19:32.

Now that song is going round in my head!
Mon 21/11/16 at 19:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Well done to rhiannonrw ... deserved :¬)

I love Fleetwood Mac too

Post edited by DL on 21/11/2016 at 19:32.
Mon 21/11/16 at 12:59
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
how about encouragement for a new forum member who actually, clearly made an effort, for example?

I won with my first review (although it totally deserved it :) ) so that approach certainly worked with me. But now that I've hit the top 10 in the hall of fame I can put my feet up.
Mon 21/11/16 at 12:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

Ghost Killer wrote:
Yeah I totally get that.

It's difficult to not sound like a sore loser when I say this and perhaps I am but judging by the quality of the latest winner's submission and then looking at my review of Tumble its hard not be be a little upset that it lost especially from a gramatical and content standpoint. Like I said though sore loser here ha!

The site has its methods and I have to respect that.

I understand your point, but grammar etc. are not the only considerations; how about encouragement for a new forum member who actually, clearly made an effort, for example?

Like most of the "core" group here, you've had quite a few prizes, haven't you? We'd really like to see a bit more competition:-)
Mon 21/11/16 at 12:09
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Yeah I totally get that.

It's difficult to not sound like a sore loser when I say this and perhaps I am but judging by the quality of the latest winner's submission and then looking at my review of Tumble its hard not be be a little upset that it lost especially from a gramatical and content standpoint. Like I said though sore loser here ha!

The site has its methods and I have to respect that.
Mon 21/11/16 at 12:07
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
It reads to me like the numbers method is only used when the other methods haven't led to a single winner. And he did say unique views when it comes to the numbers.

Spot on Dav.

We keep things as fair as we can, and we generally have a bit of discussion around the office before allocating a prize.
Mon 21/11/16 at 11:57
Regular
"And in last place.."

Ghost Killer wrote:
That's a shame especially as it seems by that ruling that numbers mean more than quality. Just a heads up that when you click a post it counts as a view every time you do it. Noticed that the other day.

It reads to me like the numbers method is only used when the other methods haven't led to a single winner. And he did say unique views when it comes to the numbers.
Mon 21/11/16 at 11:49
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"

Warhunt wrote:
If there are multiple efforts that are viable for an award in the same period, I do have a very convoluted method of preference.

If I feel multiple efforts are deserving, I usually go by numbers. If the review has had more unique views, then that's the one I go with (again, usually!).

That's a shame especially as it seems by that ruling that numbers mean more than quality. Just a heads up that when you click a post it counts as a view every time you do it. Noticed that the other day.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.