GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If God's so powerful, can he create a bolder so big, he can't move it???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/04/03 at 18:14
Regular
Views.
Tue 08/04/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
There was actually nothing moronic about my reply.

I was merely pointing out to you the futility of the concept that you used in your original argument.

Omnipotency is basically a concept that we cannot truly comprehend and you try to argue against it by discussing boulders and their relative size.

Your argument is basically pointless and has no grounding either scientifically or theologically so therefore warrants no further debate.
Tue 08/04/03 at 11:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oh, and explain how my post was any more moronic than yours. I'd be grateful.
Tue 08/04/03 at 11:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's impossible to be omnipotent. Because you can't make anything so big it is unmovable by yourself.
Tue 08/04/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Blank wrote:
And you say my post was
> "imbecillic"?

Yup !

>
> My point was that if there is a God, he cannot be omnipotent. We've
> just proved it.

How exactly ? you have not proved a thing with this junk.
Mon 07/04/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Ok, so those of you who say God could lift it, that mean's he's not all powerful because he can't create somethin' so big he can't move it. Doesn't it?
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hahahahaahaha....
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Brrrrr."
God has much better things to do...
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The sagacious one wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> The funny thing is: the Universe itself is God. We are silicon based
>
> Arent we carbon based?
>
> Exactly just like the Stars are too. See my cunning plan worked
> wonders: I forced someone to contradict me in order to emphasise my
> point.
>
> That or I'm an idiot.

Moby's song "We Are All Made Of Stars" was actually intended on a literal level too.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Flanders wrote:
> What point is there behind this piece of total bullshirt ? What
> relevance is there to it ?
>
> You seem to be implying that because God doesn't want to waste his
> time making bigger and bigger boulders then this proves that
> Christianity falls down.

God doesn't want to waste his time? And you say my post was "imbecillic"?

Seeing as God is supposedly everywhere at once, I wouldn't think time would really be an issue. Second, it was hypothetical! Nobody said God was actually trying this out somewhere up there.

My point was that if there is a God, he cannot be omnipotent. We've just proved it. He either can push the boulder over or not. Not both. He can make an a boulder of infinite size and weight, but he also has infinite strength to push it over. Therefore, although he can make one of any size, he can't make one that he can't push over.

The bit about "Christianity falls down" I added on the end because I knew it would get a reaction like this. I've seen the way people react to posts like that in their mindless pick-on-the-first-person-to-be-picked-on manner. People like security in numbers.

You can go on arguing the existence of God all day, but frankly it's an outdated and outmoded theory used to gain power over the masses in the past.

Cue more posts quoting this one...
Mon 07/04/03 at 14:36
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The teacup theory, the teacup theory!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.