GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bleak, bleak future..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Page:
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:47
Regular
you really have to much spare time onyour hands don't you?
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:43
Regular
I prefer pb's post... :D
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:23
Regular
"MONGOOSE MAN!"

Everybody cheered... Mongoose man flew over the crowd... and everybody waved their guns in the air...
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:20
"possibly impossible"
Everyone watched as Grix slowly pulled the trigger of the gun. He hummed a merry little song as he did so, which made the proceedings all the more sinister. The hammer slowly flew forwards, it was only a second but it seemed like eternity for the spectators of this horrific event.

The hammer finally hit home and with a click the gun released...

a flag with the word "BANG" imprinted on it.

"I knew something like this would happen." said an unsurprised Grix tossing the gun aside. He turned on the spot and in a second was in the air with his leg flying round to connect with the overlords head. The overlord saw this and with split-second timing ducked, the grovelling er-no took the full force of the kick and was sent hurtling into a bank of computer screens, which crackled and sparked, leaving er-no resembling a sausage cooked by an in-experienced father on his first attempt at a barbeque.

The rest of the gang realised that Grix had overcome the n-chip and as one rushed forward to pick up their, and anyone else's, weapons lying nearby. They quickly rounded up the guards and the startled overlord and motioned for them to move to the door.

"Well," said a smug Ant, "That about wraps your little plan up for the moment."

Just as the last word left Ant's lips, a shadowy figure flew across the room. Pb quickly recognised it as the figure from the rooftops.

"It can't be..." said FM looking up, "But he's dead...."
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:10
Regular
*Click*

Grix breathed out... of course, technically three people would die if he did, saving a lot of lives... but he thought he was quite important to the plot... so decided not to.

The overlord took the gun.

"Do I really have to!"

"YES!"

He placed the gun to his head... and pulled the trigger.

*Click*

And so it went... until Sniper's turn.

Sniper put the gun to his head... and pulled the trigger...

*BANG*

He fell to the floor... Fantasymeister walked up to him.

"...He's dead."

pb dragged him away...

And so it continued...

*Click* *Click* *Click*

Sniper walked through the door.

"Aren't you dead?" Ant asked.

"Yes. I am."

"Ok then..." Ant passed the gun to Sniper.

*BANG*

pb dragged him out.

*Click* *Click* *Click* *BANG*

Sniper fell to the floor again.

"He really is quite unlucky..."

"RIGHT!" Venombyte stormed in... "WHAT SORT OF STORY DO YOU CALL THIS! WHY ISN'T ANYONE DEAD?"

Grix took the gun. *BANG*

Venombyte dropped to the floor. Dead.

"I count four? Everyone else count four?"

"Yes."

"Yeah."

"Yup."

Sniper crawled back in... "Is it over yet?"
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:01
Regular
Mine fits nicely in before yours... sorry it took so long, but it wouldn't accept it for some stupid reason...
Wed 21/02/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Thanks for your help Grix... err... Grixs'."

"No problem." They said in unison.

Grix's brain turned to Grix... "We've got to get out of here. We can get back to the body now, it should be easy to access..."

"Good. I need to move my legs again. Can we go straight back in?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

The second Grix popped back into Grix's head. Grix's brain and Grix himself followed...
______

Dan_Uk got up from the table, and pulled stuff from his body... where was everyone? And why was he at Nintendo Hq?
______

Grix got up...

"Ok..." He whispered to himself, "We're back online."

(Where's Ant? Fantasymeister? pb? They were here a minute ago!)

Grix looked around... he could see guards in another room, with all their backs to him.

"Knowing Ant's predictable movements... I expect he's in there. Should we help him?"

Dan_Uk opened the door on the other side of the room, he ran up to Grix. "Hey Grix."

"Hey."

(Humm... I'm not sure. I don't think they are in any immediate trouble... so just lay low.)

Wed 21/02/01 at 21:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe fate, or maybe it was just under control of some greater power. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, regardless of where they were before, everyone is now in one room.

The Grix trinity is one entity again. He is here
FM, Ant and pb are no longer accompanied by the guards. They are here.
Both the Dans are back in the real world. They are here.
Sheepy is back from the electronic world. He is here.
The Overlord Bill Gates is now back in his body. He is here.
Sniper and er-no have made an entrance. They are here.

All those I haven't mentioned are dead, for the purposes of simplification. Well and truly DEAD. Passed beyond, and they're not coming back. Ever.
There is only ONE new character to be brought into the story from this point on. It is the 'unknown' escapee.

So, the 10 characters stand in the room.

"Right" says the author. "You lot are playing Russian Roulette until AT LEAST 4 of you are dead. Then we'll move onto the final few scenes when there are less of you to worry about. Got that?"

"I said, have you got that?"

"HAVE YOU GOT THAT?"

"yes" everyone chorused

"I can't hear you!"

"YES SIR!"

"Better. Right, on with the russian roulette. You know the rules, take this gun (10 round chamber, 1 bullet), and take it it turns firing it at your own head. Repeat until at least 4 of you are dead, then continue with the story."

"Who's first?"

Grix bravely volunteered himself.
He took the gun in his hand, and.....
Wed 21/02/01 at 21:10
Regular
**INTERMISSION**

Please make sure you are in your seats in fifteen minutes for the show to continue. Thank you ladys and gentlemen.

Wed 21/02/01 at 20:53
"possibly impossible"
The overlord (formally known as Bill Gates) looked at the new group of guards who had rushed through the door and tapped his foot.

"Oh, sorry govner." said the sheepish looking chief guard said as he looked at his feet and tried not to go an even deeper shade of red.

"You just can't get the staff these days, you know. That's the last time I recruit from the job centre." said the overlord looking slightly apologetically at Ant, pb and FM.

From the corner of the room came a shuffling sound, the shape of a bruised and battered er-no crawled into the room. "I....am.....never...going to take a ride on the outside of a time machine again. Do you KNOW what is out there in space? I've suffered more strange visions out there that at any time in my life. I..." er-no saw the overlord standing in front of him. "er, I didn't mean to fail. It was Grix, he told me to do things and I did them..and...oh.....don't hurt me...please!"

"Don't you understand yet?" said the overlord, laughing. "Do any of you understand that I have planned for this? I knew what you were up to all along, who do you think told Sniper to set the course for Grix's base? Who do you think trapped Dan_UK in the virtual world thinking he was attacking me, when in fact it was only a part of me? You fools! You think you can beat me? Hahahahaha!" The overlord threw his head back and laughed. the group applauded. Someone threw some flowers at the overlord's feet.

"Very good speech I thought." said Ant to pb and FM. "particularly the laugh at the end, you can't beat a good evil laugh. Well done."

Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.