GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF No Mercy Glitch (comments and complaints)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 19:09
Regular
This is where we shall all talk about the WWF No Mercy glitch and how retarded we think it is (no offence Special Resrve of THQ). Just give out your comments about it and what you think Special Reserve and THQ should do and should've done about it...
Sat 13/01/01 at 13:46
Regular
actually,there is no"perfect cartridge"because after a while of playing championship,it will get deleted no matter what because all the cartridges are the same.Also,if you want to "fly"go to guest referee,get on the table near the crowd and hold the joystick left and press c left.hold the joystick left and your wrestler will shake let him shake untill he moves of the table and is in mid air.Now try running way up into the crowd
Mon 15/01/01 at 11:01
Regular
"not dead"
Alex Kidd wrote:
> I copied this from THQ's site (www.thq.com) let me know if it
> helps.

Thank you for your interest in THQ's products. THQ is
> researching this issue. We have yet to reproduce it in our lab, but
> suggest the following troubleshooting steps as a possible
> solution:

-If you are using a Game Shark or Non-Nintendo
> peripheral, please discontinue using it.
-If you have a Controller
> Pak in your controller, please remove it for the time
> being.
-Re-initialize the game cartridge. To reset the game to
> factory defaults, follow these steps:
1) Place the game cartridge
> in the N64
2) Turn on the N64 while holding the START button on
> controller 1.
3) Select the "Initialize Game Pak"
> option.
4) Exit the Controller Pak menu.

Please remember that
> this re-initialization process will return the game to factory
> defaults, and will delete any progress or created characters saved
> onto the Game Pak.

-Play through the game to see if the problem
> repeats.

My brother says since he re-initialized his cart, and has been playing WITHOUT a controller Pak in, he has lost no data, and he's played it quite a bit since then. So thanks Kidd!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00

Tue 16/01/01 at 14:15
You're all going in the wrong direction here people, the biggest fault with No Mercy is that SR charge 45 quid for the damn thing! I'm sure it's a great game and all that crap, but 45 quid, when it should be around 20. I can't believe people pay that much for a game when you can get a slightly older version of practically the same game for half the price! I don't blame SR coz it's still cheaper than pretty much everywhere else, but that doesn't change the fact that it's way too much to charge for a game.
Wed 17/01/01 at 00:02
"The pen is mightier"
The SR price is not completely fixed by them. As with all retail outlets, SR have to buy in stock from suppliers and often the cost of this stock cannot be marked down as much as SR would like due to other overheads. Lets not forget that SR is in business to make money as well!. They do try to pass on as many savings to the public as possible, but this is not always practical.

The main problem with NO MERCY is that it was rushed past playtesting and then released. Now for any other format, notably the PC, this would not be a problem as there would normally be a patch available for download to correct any faults, and PSX/ Dreamcast games could just have re-mastered cd`s released. But with the N64 and its ancient reliability on cartridges this is a problem. Once the game has gone "gold" (meaning ready for release) and is transferred onto the cartridge it is impossible to re-access it and correct any faults. The NO MERCY problem is compounded by the fact that so many young children begged parents to pre-order copies of this game so that alot more than was needed were manufactured to cope with demand. Now that the glitch is known about, there are all these near useless copies of NO MERCY stuck in the retail system which the shops are finding hard to sell and the Software Company cannot get rid of. Just like all these Footy games, Pokemon games and of course Wrestling games, because you lot out there fall for the hype every time, the companies responsible will rush out games to meet demand. But who are the first people to complain when they don`t work? well, proberly the same people reading this discussion site. I also note how silent Nintendo has been about all this... now they have a sizable cut of the takings (your money) and that the N64 is in its last year of life, i bet they aren`t too worried about sorting this out for you lot. Still, you will keep buying their machines, what do you expect.
Wed 17/01/01 at 10:00
Regular
"not dead"
It turns out that the official advice on the THQ site, as posted by Alex Kidd doesn't work after all. Again all data has been lost.

I've emailed THQ to try to get some answers.

I'll let you know if I get a response.

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Wed 17/01/01 at 13:23
Regular
dont bother waiting for a responce from thq. i e-mailed them last year and still i have no reply.
Wed 17/01/01 at 22:47
Regular
Mine wiped once and hasn't wiped since.

I must be lucky!
Sat 20/01/01 at 18:57
I just want to tell everyone that the glitch is NOT to do with the software. If it was, every copy of the game would be glitched. The glitch is a problem with the hardware, ie the cartridges that Nintendo supplied to THQ. So don't blambe THQ, OK?
Tue 06/02/01 at 18:52
I don't know where to get a better copy cause THQ said thed come in Feb but they didn't.My friends game hasn't deleted yet he must of got a good copy.
Tue 06/02/01 at 19:37
Quiz wrote:
> can someone please tell me how to save the game properly...
whether
> its on a memory cartridge or on the actual game...
I dont want to
> keep having to lose my secret characters and my money and my wwf
> title belts...wont someone please help me out ???

You need to use an OFICCIAL NINTENDO MEMORY CARD.

I've got on and the game works fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.