GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Format time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/05 at 11:08
Regular
"Captain to you."
Going to do a format sometime in the next week and i'm not looking forward to it, i know that i am going to forget something like i did last time (my dissertation and my 3rd year 3d project), but i need a clean system so i can check some slow performance i'm getting in some of the newer games (DODs and BW2)

I keep putting it off every day :(
Tue 25/10/05 at 11:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
:( found another thing i need to get off my zen but it won't come off, i have a feeling it's due to a problem with my current windows install (Explorer) but i don't know for sure.

I'm going to format and pray that i can get them off afterwards.

Just gotta wait for some downloads to finish.
Wed 19/10/05 at 00:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think i could do with a reformat as well, though im tempted to put it off until upgrade time and not bother.
Tue 18/10/05 at 23:17
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> It does tend to happen though, especially if you install/uninstall
> loads of applications on the machine.
>
> The Windows registry gets all beefy and annoying.

I found registry mechanic helps a lot.

My last system was so slow it was painful and it sorted that out.

Free to download, Free to crack. (alledgedly)
Tue 18/10/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Let dad to re-install stuff as I was out at training. Come back to him moaning that the internet isn't working on the machine. I ask if he has installed drivers and he replies yes. I check the network settings and all seems fine so I leave him to go get changed.

Come back to find him installing the ethernet drivers and then 'magically' it starts working.

Just installing bf2 at the moment. Have all my old steam data too, just not sure what I need to copy over so it dosn't try download loads of stuff I already have.....
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
Oi Noi

You sure you've run all the system disks that came with your computer?

Windows for me always just seems to work magically when i need a network done or a first time connection to the net. Normally just plug stuff in and it starts to work.
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Formatted earlier because my C: drive was funked.

Just need to try re-install all my programs and hope that I can remember my log in details for steam and bf2.
Can't seem to get my pc to connect to my network or the net at the moment though...
Tue 18/10/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Going to format later tonight I think.

Trying to make sure I've not forgotten any of the programs that I have installed.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:32
I'm thinking about doing the same, actually.

And I always, always, always forget something despite going over and over stuff checking that I've remembered everything I should.
Bah
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
nope i forgot to be honest
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:18
Regular
Did you ever get Read Or Die?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.