GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rate the new forum design"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/08 at 12:21
Regular
1 being 'Excellent', 10 is 'Not so good'.
Wed 22/10/08 at 12:50
Regular
"Mooching around"
I also can't seem to make any posts in the games forum, it keeps telling me fill in the category box, which doesn't exist! ^-^
Wed 22/10/08 at 12:58
Regular
Don't forget to digg this thread.
Wed 22/10/08 at 13:22
Regular
Shadowdream wrote:
> I also can't seem to make any posts in the games forum, it keeps
> telling me fill in the category box, which doesn't exist! ^-^

Hi, I think this was an issue for IE users which should be fixed now.
Wed 22/10/08 at 13:27
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Does seem a bit squished, especially as there appears to be a lot
> of white space running down the right hand side of the page with
> only the one advert at the top.

The sizes haven't really changed at all. There's less space in between individual posts in a thread, and the thread listings pages is narrower, but apart from that...

The white space over the right-hand side with the Get Dotted search box only gets seen by visitors with larger resolutions, therefore we'll never put anything important to the use of the page off the right as many people won't even see it.

The 'Post a Reply' pages have the text areas where you type your content reduced to the width that your posts will actually appear on the page. This also applies when submitting walkthroughs. So your post should appear exactly as it is shown when you type it.
Wed 22/10/08 at 13:28
Regular
Shadowdream wrote:

> Con:
> Can't edit posts lol

Oooerr! This should be fixed now too :)
Wed 22/10/08 at 13:30
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Is the creative writing forum disappearing: I notice it has been
> renamed to 'Web Design & Creativity', putting stories in a
> forum named that doesn't seem entirely appropriate? Hope the
> review forum isn't going either.

The forums are being 're-organised', which will take a little bit of time as it is heavily database orientated. This is one of the trickier changes, which couldn't be done without it appearing live on the site. So I hope this to be all finished soon.
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:20
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
McLong wrote:
> The sizes haven't really changed at all. There's less space in
> between individual posts in a thread, and the thread listings
> pages is narrower, but apart from that...

Yeah it was the thread listings page which looked a bit squished because some of the thread titles now have ...'s whereas before the whole title would fit in. But that's just being petty, I'll get used to it I'm sure. :-)
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:25
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Yeah it was the thread listings page which looked a bit squished
> because some of the thread titles now have ...'s whereas before
> the whole title would fit in. But that's just being petty, I'll
> get used to it I'm sure. :-)

wow I cant believe I didnt notice that. That's not good, especially as I tend to have long thread titles. Now I'm going to have to work even harder to keep them really, really short.
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:29
"possibly impossible"
Think I'm going to wait before passing judgement.
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:40
Regular
pb wrote:
> Think I'm going to wait before passing judgement.

How long are you going to take? it's up and running now :)

Okay well first I think we can all agree that there was no way we would be pleased to see the forum get even smaller. Its like watching the Simpsons on a 60inch widescreen tv. You've got huge black sidebars either side..

I know the staffies would love some honest feedback but it's really difficult because we dont want to bite the hands that feeds us. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.