GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The last game you played..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/05/06 at 15:57
Regular
What was the last game you played?

-----

PC - Enemy Territory

I was on Allies and we won the majority of the maps. I ticked off the Axis using mortar and killed 5 of them in one shot. Might have another game later.
Sat 30/09/06 at 13:29
Regular
Formula 1 2006
Sun 01/10/06 at 22:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
Saints Row
Mon 02/10/06 at 09:20
"possibly impossible"
Just got Ape Academy 2 (£22.99 in Tesco at the moment)

It's not bad. Much more structured this time and built around a card game of paper-scissors-stone. You still play through the games to unlock the next level (and unlock the games to play on their own) but there is a boss level on each stage and a shop to buy more cards.

The games are just as manic as usual too and there are supposed to be over 200 of them...
Mon 02/10/06 at 09:45
Regular
Just Cause - Incredible draw distance and some of the most jaw dropping scenery I've seen in any game, shame the atual game play can get a bit repetetive at times and there's not really too many interesting activitys in what is an incredibly large enviroment, so it does get monotonous at times.

Worth playing for the skydiving and base jumping alone, oh and the main missions are a lot of fun, just the side missions that let the side down.
Mon 02/10/06 at 09:51
Regular
Wasn't too sure about that, looked to be more graphics than ameplay to me - will probably rent it though if Blockbuster ever decide to get some new titles in...

Last game I played - Dead Rising. Quite enjoyable, although can't see it lasting too long.
Mon 02/10/06 at 10:20
"possibly impossible"
I'm in two minds about Dead Rising. I've played through the first few missions, but having to keep restarting is a pain. However, I love just going around killing the zombie, but then I have the 15 minute demo for that too.

I could use the money for Wii games or keep this and get on with the missions...
Mon 02/10/06 at 11:20
Regular
The save feature is rubbish, I know. Very frustrating making the tiniest mistake and having to trawl through stuff you've done before.

Think I'll get it completed and then trade it in for some Wii credit - got mine preordered last Friday, hopefully guaranteed a launch unit, yet they can't say just yet.
Mon 02/10/06 at 12:12
Regular
Dead Rising is amazing! Took me a little while to adjust to the save system and the levelling up, but once you get used to it that's when the fun starts.

It's quite short to play through, but the fun lies in going back through multiple times to try and do the bits you'll no doubt have to ignore the first time through. I've already completed it 4 times, and I'm still looking forward to going through again to get all the survivors and stories and stuff.

Oh and then there's 10 hours in survival mode to unlock the lightsabre!
Mon 02/10/06 at 14:47
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The last game I played was World of Warcraft.. I'm quite new to it all (i'm on the 10-day trial.) So far, it's been good. it takes a very very short time to get used to what's going on, and if you read the manual before you get started, you're well away.

I'm a level 8 Gnome Mage, on the UK Kilrogg server. I've got some new spells and stuff, and i'm quite enjoying it. Initially I was annoyed at how far you had to walk for everything, but the distance really does add to the game. My home is now Kharanos, and i'm on my way to level 9. I have a few missions to do, so i've got things to keep me going.

What I liked about EVE Online, was the way space was rated 1.0 > 0.0, so you'd know what kind of trouble you could expect. There's no indication of that in WoW, so when I was running around killing Leper Gnomes, I wondered into some cave, and soon came across level 25 things and skill level things that just looked liked death incarnate.

I'm not sure whether or not i'd buy the game. I like it. But with BF 2142 round the corner, Company of Heroes out and Defcon to compliment, there seems like an awful lot of instant gratification games that better suit the amount I play. But still, i'm about 3 days into my trial.. and you never know. I might hit a stride at level 15-20 and absolutely love it.

But yeah... rant over, World of Warcraft. Fun.
Sat 09/12/06 at 18:47
Regular
Worms II

Since my brother got his own PC he's been buying a few old PC games lately. I found it difficult at first, lots of guess work but I soon did quite well. I think I managed to get to level 10. Might try it again but last time I played till 3am.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.