GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quotes you like..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/09/08 at 14:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
These days we gain a tremendous amount of 'information'. We are all exposed daily to all forms and types of media and also gain 'knowledge' through conversation/interaction with our family, friends, work colleagues and the general public...all have provided an endless source of 'memorable and pertinent' quotes - some will be remembered for ever...a couple of my favourites are:

"I'm a vegetarian and the only meat that enters my mouth, leaves happy and has a heartbeat" ...Pamela Anderson

"You can always pick your friends, but you cannot pick your friend's nose"...Groucho Marx

"Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough"...Groucho Marx

"Have you got a light, mac? No, but I've got a dark brown overcoat!"...Vivian Stanshall

Just a few, do you have any...?
Mon 22/09/08 at 19:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
To quote Yahtzee Crowshaw on Zero Punctuation.

*DISCLAIMER...the views of YC are not that of my own. All are intended to shock and disturb. Maybe*

"It's like playing darts after letting your arms fall to sleep.

(after some bitchy comparison) No change there then HAR HAR HAR!

I mean if he/she couldn't take a knock like that then he/she must be made out of wafers

If there's anything that makes me want to squirt liquid hate out of every orafice its...

Fine in theory, but theories are trecherous things that can at any moment disintegrate like a biscuit raft.

Being in charge is easy, all you have to do is make sure that the number of jobs equals the population and you plonk a cake shop down every so often to stop them all moaning

Christ, this is how Nazi Germany must have started

But they're as much use as a cream slice

But that opinion is skewed, before being skewed some more and then put in a thumb-screw until it resembles a slinky

I wouldn't be too surprised if Hitler himself turns up riding a giant robotic spider

It would have to teleport w****s into the room before I'd consider caring

And to balance the undenyingly boringness of this sentence, BOINGO BOINGO WHOOPSIE KNICKERS

Constantly neglected like an orphan chimney sweep

It's kinda like having a big fancy meal in a restaurant and when asking for the bill the chef comes along and farts in your face

Like those people that walk around the local maritime museum acting like they are enjoying themselves

And they might as well have been crafted from the wood of the true cross for how easy they are to get hold of in this city.

So if I can't blame them for that, I'll just blame God, like I usually do

I don't want to be someone who does the same thing every year in what is known as the EA strategy

It's like trying to solve a rubix cube with your elbows

What I am trying to strain out like an uncomfortable kidney stone is

I'm not reading the manual - its thick enough to beat goats to death with

Now we've dropped into the ocean of s***tiness without a rescue boat in sight.

Its just a pointless delay, just like a hallway full of balloons

If you can't even hazard a guess at how this will end , please stick your head in a beehive

I'll be all over you like Robbie Coltrane over a plate of chips

Criticising this for that at this point is like criticising a midget£ for being short

His head is stuck so far up his bottom that he's in danger of choking on his head

...but possibly the universe would explode and it would be AWESOME

...his voice thick like sarcastic marmite

I'm of mixed opinions on the homeless - on one hand they are tragic victims of an uncaring society but on the other they are also tragic victims that smell and shout at me in the street

The warning lights only went off like the lights of Blackpool pleasure beach when...

If you want to get funny with me because you like numbers and I don't give enough of them, how about the number FOUR as in "FOUR-K YOU!"

You know girls, the mysterious creatures you see on the bus, that have their own set of toilets and spray stingy liquid in your face"

Please note, there were a few others, but posting them will probably get me banned...

£ I have to ask this. Is midget now considered totally offensive now? I was watching Room 101 on Dave a few weeks back and it was bleeped out every time somebody said it. If it's hat bad a word, why do they show the epsiode when it there is a whole section about midg*ts?
Tue 23/09/08 at 00:05
Regular
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

- Einstein
Tue 23/09/08 at 03:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Was looking to use something by Camus but this will do. Not particularly clever or pretty, i just like it's conviction and affirmation.

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for."
Erica Jong
Tue 23/09/08 at 18:45
Regular
So I took up my hammer and sickle and headed over to Fred's house. Gave him a taste of his own flag.
-Alfonse.
Tue 23/09/08 at 20:25
"Was the man of marz"
Dragonlance wrote:
> I'll have a go - for me a quote is a saying or phrase uttered by
> someone to describe someone, something or whatever, but it just
> descibes the 'action' exactly and you often wonder "Why
> didn't I say that!"

I thought as much, I was just making sure it wasn't highlighting something you took exception to, or something that's similarly hard to decipher online (sincerity for example).
Wed 24/09/08 at 04:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
"Look at it this way: in a hundred years, who's gonna care?" - The Terminator (1984).

Whenever I get stressed over anything I think of this quote and instantly de-stress.
Wed 24/09/08 at 10:11
Regular
"How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood, and then just be.. in.. a good mood?"
Wed 24/09/08 at 11:29
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> "Look at it this way: in a hundred years, who's gonna
> care?" - The Terminator (1984).
>
> Whenever I get stressed over anything I think of this quote and
> instantly de-stress.

I've got a song called Cycling Trivialities with basically that line in that works for me too

Who cares in a hundred years from now, who'll remember all the players, who'll remember all the clowns?

But then Jose Gonzalez didn't have to worry about Skynet becoming self-aware so it's slightly less stressful I think
Wed 24/09/08 at 12:11
"possibly impossible"
Denis Leary had a good healthy outlook on life:

“Most people think life sucks, and then you die. Not me. I beg to differ. I think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, your wife leaves you, the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty-five years and you pay it back and then -- one day -- you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then -- one day -- you step off a curb at Sixty-seventh Street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. Maybe.” (from No Cure for Cancer)
Wed 24/09/08 at 19:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
To all of you, your examples are brilliant - some are very funny and some extremely pertinent and pointed and I can see why you've chosen them - these all need remembering.

@2002- just a number?

quote: I was just making sure it wasn't highlighting
> something you took exception to, or something that's similarly
> hard to decipher online (sincerity for example).

Do you mean me or people in general:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.