GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Price Cut By 20%..........."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/09/06 at 09:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
........ but only in Japan.

Click Here

"The price for the North American and European launch will stay the same"

Thanks Sony!

Hopefully they'll follow suit for the European launch, it shows that Sony is getting worried about the competitivness of the PS3.
Sun 24/09/06 at 18:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> It's only the lower priced model that is having a price cut
> though, and they pretty much confirmed it was only in Japan
> too.

That's because in Japan, they have an "open-price" scheme for the 60Gb model. I mentioned it my overly long post on the thing.
Sun 24/09/06 at 18:25
Regular
Welcome back Bullett :D

I think it is still a bit pricey even with a discount but okay it does come with the blu-ray but I dont know how long it'll be till I take that up. I mean there arent any DVDs out yet? And we can't afford a HD TV. I wonder how many households have one.

It took quite a few years for people to take up DVDs.
Sun 24/09/06 at 18:26
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't really understand this 'open-price' scheme (not that I've looked into it...).

I mean, surely everything has an open-price scheme... Stuff has an RRP, and retailers can charge less or more should they want to... I don't see how this is any different really... Retailers will still be looking to make a profit, so will obviously have to sell PS3s at a greater price than Sony supply them... In essence, it seems the dominant factor in how much the consumer will get charged is still going to be how much Sony charge retailers for wholesale PS3s... Isn't it...?
Sun 24/09/06 at 19:08
"possibly impossible"
Game wrote:
> The richer and getting richer and the pooper are getting poorer.
> Anyone who's family can afford a PS3 and that want's one, will
> probably get one within a year. Maybe 6 months. SONY don't have
> to worry about what Microsoft do if they stick to their
> gameplan. EA are releasing titles for a console under the
> PlayStation brand. It'll be flashy, modern, future-roof and
> 'cool'. Forget what some geek from Gamers.com thinks. Forget
> what IGN think. It's what the millions of casual gamers think
> that matters to SONY, and with marketting, SONY control what
> they think.

hm. I don't see much evidence of people spending more, with all the news of people being in debt more, people complaining about wages and inflation and only the bosses getting richer. Plus more people out of work etc.

Raising the cost of anything will make people think twice, otherwise we'd all be driving around in expensive sports cars. That said, the Sony name does mean something in the world of consoles and will encourage some people to stay with them, but you only have to look at posts on generic games forums or stand around in high street games shops to hear people changing their mind and buying a 360 now, or even pre-ordering a Wii, when they were originally going for a PS3.
Mon 23/10/06 at 17:42
Regular
"I may return"
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :P
im a newbie :D
Mon 23/10/06 at 17:49
Regular
Hi, welcome to the forums.

:)
Mon 23/10/06 at 18:47
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
All you need is capital letters, and you're ready to post.
Mon 23/10/06 at 21:48
Regular
Im sticking with my ps2 and i will buy a ps3 when it comes out, 50 quid seems alot for a game yes, but i only buy games in which i feel it is worth it. Metal Gear 4 looks worth it. I think they're gonna need to extend the gameplay making the game longer.
Tue 24/10/06 at 10:20
Regular
"Mooching around"
Assassins Creed looks very interesting at the moment, watching the demo of it made me miss PS3 even more :P
Tue 24/10/06 at 10:41
"possibly impossible"
Might get Assassin's Creed on 360. Can't tell any real difference between that and the PS3 version from the trailers that have been shown though.

Does look like an interesting game if they can pull it off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.