GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Price Cut By 20%..........."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/09/06 at 09:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
........ but only in Japan.

Click Here

"The price for the North American and European launch will stay the same"

Thanks Sony!

Hopefully they'll follow suit for the European launch, it shows that Sony is getting worried about the competitivness of the PS3.
Fri 22/09/06 at 09:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
........ but only in Japan.

Click Here

"The price for the North American and European launch will stay the same"

Thanks Sony!

Hopefully they'll follow suit for the European launch, it shows that Sony is getting worried about the competitivness of the PS3.
Fri 22/09/06 at 11:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
heh, is this the first example of a company cutting the price of its console before it has even come out?
Fri 22/09/06 at 12:00
Regular
I think it's a good strategy.
Fri 22/09/06 at 12:05
Regular
It's still overpriced.
Fri 22/09/06 at 12:07
Regular
No it's not. I'm not going to buy one but what you people are getting for your money is worth so much more than you are paying. See how much a blu ray disc player costs on the internet.
Fri 22/09/06 at 12:09
Regular
Take the Blu-Ray out then, it's unnecessary for the current generation.
Fri 22/09/06 at 12:09
"possibly impossible"
It's only the lower priced model that is having a price cut though, and they pretty much confirmed it was only in Japan too.

After all, Sony wouldn't want to make their European customers happy now, would they?
Fri 22/09/06 at 12:14
Regular
No-one cares about Europe...
Fri 22/09/06 at 18:10
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Only in Japan? *Cries*
Fri 22/09/06 at 18:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
In all honesty, I think SONY can do pretty much whatever they want. The PlayStation brand is the biggest in gaming. And you have to remember that casual gamers make up a good 70% of the gaming audience - maybe more. Just because SONY have an expensive-ish machine, or they're not showing much now really doesn't make too much difference in the long run. As long as they have the games out at launch and put a picture of the machine that most people can't afford on billboards/bus stops/TV, then it'll be very much in demand.

The richer and getting richer and the pooper are getting poorer. Anyone who's family can afford a PS3 and that want's one, will probably get one within a year. Maybe 6 months. SONY don't have to worry about what Microsoft do if they stick to their gameplan. EA are releasing titles for a console under the PlayStation brand. It'll be flashy, modern, future-roof and 'cool'. Forget what some geek from Gamers.com thinks. Forget what IGN think. It's what the millions of casual gamers think that matters to SONY, and with marketting, SONY control what they think.

Go figure.

SONY 1 - 0 Naysayers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.