GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Red Dwarf (contains spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/08 at 20:23
"possibly impossible"
It has just been announced (by Robert Llewellyn at a convention) that the BBC have commissioned a 60 minute Red Dwarf episode to be filmed in October 08 with original cast and writers.

Now I know many think the series lost it's way in series 7 and 8, but the episodes of 8 that had the budget were actually very good, so a one off special sounds like it could work.

Anyway, the Official Red Dwarf site hasn't posted the news yet, but it does sound pretty definite.

Update:
3 episodes from 10-12th April.
Making of and outtakes/best of by Patrick Stewart.
Thu 08/07/10 at 13:03
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, Rob said on Twitter last month that a new series was on the way sometime next year.
Thu 08/07/10 at 12:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sorry for necroing an old thread, but I just read this interesting little snippet (not sure how it passed me by) that I thought I may share.

Craig Charles also confirmed on Radio 2 last month that filming starts in January :)
Tue 14/04/09 at 19:24
"possibly impossible"
The last part for me made the whole mini-series. Watching them all together made the first 2 parts seem so much better.
Tue 14/04/09 at 18:16
Regular
I doubt we'll have the 'missing' series made. Instead we'll more than likely have a continuation of Red Dwarf from where the specials left off.

That is if they decide to continue making Red Dwarf for the Dave Lister channel...
Tue 14/04/09 at 15:57
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Enjoyed the third episode very much also, despite it basically being Blade Runner (as commented by the cast in the 'making of' feature after).

Due to the popularity of these shows (and no doubt future DVD sales) I would not be surprised to see a 9th series or at the very least some more specials in a year or two. This can only be a good thing in my opinion.
Tue 14/04/09 at 10:55
Regular
I quite enjoyed them - although they weren't as good as I remember the previous series' being.

Lister ironing his sneezes? Excellent!

Anyone else catch the references to series 9 and 10? Perhaps they are already in the works. Hope so!
Sun 12/04/09 at 18:51
"possibly impossible"
Yesterdays was better for me too, but still not up to 'classic' Red Dwarf.

Will need to see how tonight's turns out with Dave Lister meeting Craig Charles in Corrie (apparently)
Sun 12/04/09 at 12:57
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I do think with the way the episodes are going it may just be a huge advertising ploy. The very nature of the episodes seems a bit "thrown together", the ship in the first series was dull and lifeless and the characters have not been written with much "zest"

Overall i'm enjoying it, as its still Red Dwarf and its thrilling to see the characters back. But it was always gonna be a publicity stunt rather than a solid commitment to the series.
Sun 12/04/09 at 11:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Much preferred last nights episode to the first one, Friday's had very much a feel of a set-up episode (oh how I am so used to them in Lost). Interesting idea for a storyline, although it has been done by other shows before, and not what I was expecting but they have pulled it off well so far. Looking forward to tonight now, hopefully they have kept the quality up.

On a more cynical note warhunt seems to think these 3 episodes are basically one big trailer for a new series that will be announced, they will meet the writers (whether it will be Grant/Naylor remains to be seen) who will give them a new series and some more RD goodness on Dave later in the year. Myself, I'm not so sure yet...
Sat 11/04/09 at 10:46
Regular
Yeah, I missed Holly and the laughter too. Most of the time it was quite quiet. Plus I've always been use to a stationary camera (as it was in a studio), this one had the cameras moving a lot.

As was mentioned I need to see more of it, but so far so good :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.