GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Firefox 3 Download Day - Download Now!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/08 at 15:19
Regular
I love Firefox (and Safari and Opera) so I'm joining in with their clever campaign to plug the new Firefox 3 release that's launching later today.

Why You Should Download Firefox 3 Right Now

So if you like Firefox and want to help them set a new record for most downloads in 24 hours, then clink the link below after 6pm tonight.

[B]Download Firefox 3[/B]

----
Mozilla Blog

The outpouring of interest and enthusiasm around Firefox 3 has been overwhelming (literally!). Our servers are currently feeling the burn and should be back to normal shortly. Download day will officially commence once the site goes live. The 24 hours period will be clocked from that moment. Thanks for your continued support.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:46
"possibly impossible"
The main problem with Vista is memory management. Some of the features are really cool, but I resent the idea that you need to upgrade even a recent computer to really use it properly.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I reinstalled a machine yesterday and downloaded/installed Firefox 2. And now the next day a new version comes out. Life is so cruel.

Unless it cures cancer, I'm not downloading it. And even then I probably wont bother.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> The main problem with Vista is memory management. Some of the
> features are really cool, but I resent the idea that you need to
> upgrade even a recent computer to really use it properly.

Turn off superfetch.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:52
Regular
The Reaper wrote:
> But... Vista doesn't suck as much as people make out tbh. If you
> have a half decent computer, these days, then it'll run perfectly
> and look "ooo" :)
>
> Although, I'd always stand up for Ubuntu :)

Don't worry I know it's not too bad but this old computer that I built from scratch wouldnt be able to handle it. I think my main concern with Vista is that it has so much crap (can we say crap on here?) that I just wont ever need. I think what I'd love is to have a basic OS and be able to add the things that I do want.

One thing that I think ticks off even Hmmm, is Microsoft always wanting to check whether I have a legal copy of XP. "Hi, if you want to download this additional software, we need to make sure you aren't a theif. Please download this other program and wait 5 minutes for us to verify once again."
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:54
Regular
Garin wrote:
> I reinstalled a machine yesterday and downloaded/installed
> Firefox 2. And now the next day a new version comes out. Life
> is so cruel.
>
> Unless it cures cancer, I'm not downloading it. And even then I
> probably wont bother.

Aww come on Garin, you'll help Firefox get into the record books. Every download counts, if you don't download it now then Microsoft could win the election.
Tue 17/06/08 at 19:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Machie wrote:
> One thing that I think ticks off even Hmmm, is Microsoft always
> wanting to check whether I have a legal copy of XP. "Hi, if
> you want to download this additional software, we need to make
> sure you aren't a theif. Please download this other program and
> wait 5 minutes for us to verify once again."

I've never had to do that with any pc i've been working on. I dont kwow whether it was just my version but on SP1, there's no required id key. I just downloaded a programme that worked the code out, upgraded to SP2 and entered the code. Worked perfectly.
Tue 17/06/08 at 19:11
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> pb wrote:
> The main problem with Vista is memory management. Some of the
> features are really cool, but I resent the idea that you need
> to
> upgrade even a recent computer to really use it properly.
>
> Turn off superfetch.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

and Machie - when are you going to pay a visit to the Dr Who thread? You haven't been there for ages! ;)
Tue 17/06/08 at 19:15
Regular
Nin wrote:
> I've never had to do that with any pc i've been working on. I
> dont kwow whether it was just my version but on SP1, there's no
> required id key. I just downloaded a programme that worked the
> code out, upgraded to SP2 and entered the code. Worked perfectly.

It's probably just me then, it's happen to me a few times when I had to download something from the microsoft website.

@pb Sorry, I never got round to watching the last library episode and then iPlayer broke (something about DRM) so I had to download them from tvtorrents. I'll try and watch them later tonight and head back to the thread. :)

@Lost Fans, yeah I still havent got round to watching Lost either since I came back from holiday. I think I have 4 episodes to watch so I hope they were good ones.
Tue 17/06/08 at 20:46
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Don't see what the fuss is about. I've had FF2 installed for a while, and IE7 is vastly superior. I don't expect any revolutions in FF3.
Tue 17/06/08 at 22:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I installed it, ran it once (didnt visit any websites though) and then closed it. Maybe I'll get it out again at christmas.

So when is v4 due?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.