GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube should win"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 18:42
Regular
Gamecube has a better chance of beating sony. "Why" you may ask. But the answers are simple:

Companies like Rare are going to stick to making Gamecube games and other companies will move to Gamecube

The games have unbeatable graphics, the best detail and the best playability meaning the best all round games

Sony games like Crash bandicoot will now belong to Nintendo

The Pokemon craze will continue because of the 3 dimentional versions of red, blue, yellow, Gold and silver

The console is going to be at an affordable price meaning more people will be able to get it

Pirate copies will be almost impossible because of the speical DVD's it will use

The controllers are top notch and the Wireless controllers make tangled up wires seem like last century

On top of all this, Rumors that Nintendo are going to buy sega means that Nintendo will own 2 3rds of the gaming market. Will microsoft and there console be a number one hit?
Tue 14/11/00 at 18:42
Gamecube has a better chance of beating sony. "Why" you may ask. But the answers are simple:

Companies like Rare are going to stick to making Gamecube games and other companies will move to Gamecube

The games have unbeatable graphics, the best detail and the best playability meaning the best all round games

Sony games like Crash bandicoot will now belong to Nintendo

The Pokemon craze will continue because of the 3 dimentional versions of red, blue, yellow, Gold and silver

The console is going to be at an affordable price meaning more people will be able to get it

Pirate copies will be almost impossible because of the speical DVD's it will use

The controllers are top notch and the Wireless controllers make tangled up wires seem like last century

On top of all this, Rumors that Nintendo are going to buy sega means that Nintendo will own 2 3rds of the gaming market. Will microsoft and there console be a number one hit?
Tue 14/11/00 at 19:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
> Companies like Rare are going to stick to making Gamecube games and other companies will move to Gamecube.

How can you be so sure??? Rare may be a great company but if you ask me doesn't make enough games to satisfy. Also, I don't think other companies will move to Nintendo, they could easily make for both, and I don't see why the shouldn't stick with Sony. surely the PS2 is a top quality console??

>The games have unbeatable graphics, the best detail and the best playability meaning the best all round games.

Ah, but the PS2 also has brilliant graphics (take a peek at the MGS2 screenshots if you don't believe me), the games on the PS2 will have put as much detail in as Nintendo will have, although maybe the Gamecube will look better due to having more time and coming out a year and a half to 2 years later. Playability?? Games on the PSX have great playability, and so does the N64, so surely that is even?? How do you know??? Sony may have the best all round games, if they do what they did with the PSX. For instance, games like MGS, GT2, Crash, Spyro, Syphon Filter 2 and many more.

>Sony games like Crash bandicoot will now belong to Nintendo

As I've put above, I don't see that happening.

>The Pokemon craze will continue because of the 3 dimentional versions of red, blue, yellow, Gold and silver.

Maybe. But what about all the non-Pokemon fans?? All the teenagers and adults like me that DETEST pokemon??? Pokemon is going out of fashion as well now.

>The console is going to be at an affordable price meaning more people will be able to get it.

Hey, the PS2 may be expensive but how do you know the Gamecube won't cost this much. And it must be affordable as it seems to me that all over the country PS2s are being pre-ordered.

>Pirate copies will be almost impossible because of the speical DVD's it will use.

Again, how do you know?? The Gamecube isn't out yet, it may well be easy to copy, even though Nintendo do say so. Sony said the PSX and PS2 would be impossible to copy. And don't make some stupid smart-ar** comment about Sony being liars.

>The controllers are top notch and the Wireless controllers make tangled up wires seem like last century.

Absolutely true. But I don't care about tangled up wires, its all a matter of opinion. But you are very right there.

>Rumors that Nintendo are going to buy sega means that Nintendo will own 2 3rds of the gaming market.

All lies, all of them lies.

Any replies would be nice, as I spent ages on this.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 14/11/00 at 19:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Will someone please reply, I took ages on this.
Tue 14/11/00 at 19:10
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
WOW! Have you played on the game cube! I'm really envious of somebody who has played on one so much that they can say that it will beat Sony! In reality however, the N64 had graphics that could blow sony away. We were promised revolutionary gaming, with no piracy. In actual fact, the N64 came out too late with not enough games and paled against the PSX.

Newbies be warned- gamers who know what they are talking about don't want anyone to "WIN". Instead we want great games. I hate Sony, but if MGS2 is as good as it looks I'll buy a cheap 2nd hand PS2 just for that game. That's why I'm looking forwards to the future- great game and not the death of *insert company name here*.

Rav
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:14
Ok Ant I haven't played on the Gamecube but I know these are facts that Dukestar correctly said:

Rare make good games! They don't make many games but all of them are top quality (Including the ones on the Gameboy: Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong Country, etc).

Other companies are coming back to Nintendo but aren't neccessarily just making games for the Gamecube. Squaresoft and the makers of Tekken are making games for Nintendo. Also Crash Bandicoot is coming out on Gamecube and Gameboy Advance!

It is likely that companies will make fewer games for the PS2 because of it's difficulty to program for. This is why they gave up on the N64. The PS2 uses DVD software which allows DVD videos to be played. This helps complicate the matter of making games. Plus the fact that Gamecube is officially the easiest console to program for.

The wireless controller I can see being copied by Sony again! I know Sega had an infra-red controller but this uses radio frequencies (which are changeable for multiplay) so the controllers don't have to be pointing exactly at the controller port.

Rumours are never 100% truthfull but I'd like Nintendo to buy at least the hardware part of Sega.

The special Gamecube disks are ment to be impossible to copy (according to NOM) but there probably will be some determined sod who'll make his own disk drive which will copy the Nintendo disks.
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The only way that a Gamecube could beat a PS2 is if you put them in an arena together and said 'Fight!'. You could be in for a long wait though, as neither has legs or weapons.
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:30
Regular
Although the Gamecube does have a handle, so it can be swung by the PS2.

Again, if it had arms.

There seems to be a flaw to this, doesn't there?
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:32
Regular
Yeah, Ulrika would have trouble working out which one to sleep with because there's more than one of them.
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:35
Regular
She'll probably have them both.

S**t.

However, the Gamecube is more powerful...

I... think I'll shut up now.
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:43
Regular
We digress, as usual. Anyway, Dukestar didn't make it clear in the original post exactly 'what' the Gamecube should win. Market share? More profits? More game sales? Best console award for 2001? A tube of Smarties? If the post made that more clear, then we could make more of a professional job in ripping apart the argument of this thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.