GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube should win"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 18:42
Regular
Gamecube has a better chance of beating sony. "Why" you may ask. But the answers are simple:

Companies like Rare are going to stick to making Gamecube games and other companies will move to Gamecube

The games have unbeatable graphics, the best detail and the best playability meaning the best all round games

Sony games like Crash bandicoot will now belong to Nintendo

The Pokemon craze will continue because of the 3 dimentional versions of red, blue, yellow, Gold and silver

The console is going to be at an affordable price meaning more people will be able to get it

Pirate copies will be almost impossible because of the speical DVD's it will use

The controllers are top notch and the Wireless controllers make tangled up wires seem like last century

On top of all this, Rumors that Nintendo are going to buy sega means that Nintendo will own 2 3rds of the gaming market. Will microsoft and there console be a number one hit?
Thu 16/11/00 at 22:56
"possibly impossible"
According to later reports (no, Ant this is not going back to your news story) Sega have clarified that they are actually closing down their operations on the Dreamcast when their new console is ready in a few years (not necessarily two years)

It would make sense for Sega to create a new console to keep ahead of the game and include a backwards compatability option, similar to the PS2, to play Dreamcast games. Then they may get the edge back. (or he may stay in U2)
Thu 16/11/00 at 21:51
Regular
Ant, it's not simply getting used to the system. It just apparently makes games more complicated to make.

I didn't think Rare were developing for the PS2. I thought that it was just a run-away Goldeneye team making Timsplitters. Have I missed something?
Thu 16/11/00 at 20:11
Hi it's me farras, I havent been here for quite a while cos my maum had a go at me about the phone bill. Fogmaster, I heard that squaresoft were leaving playstation for G-cube! And don't worry, after working on timesplitters, I heard RARE are making Perfect Dark 2.
Thu 16/11/00 at 20:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I'm also getting a GCube rincewind(nice name) but the PS2 is very good, not original but very good, I'll buy it after I buy a GCube though, more games will be out, Nintendo always takes priority in my heart, always has always will. I hope square join aswell, FF7 was very good, havn't seen FF8 yet.
Thu 16/11/00 at 19:58
Personally i don't care if weve got to wait a while for the gamecube because that just means it will be betteer and have more games for the launch, also i wouldn't want a ps2 because sony will once again botch it up with unoriginal boring ideas, also it is only 2 player although i shall miss final fantasy if square do not rejoin Nintendo. Another reason why the GC is better is "WOW" look at those graphics they are tottaly amazing. But until 2001 i think ill stick with my trusty N64!
Thu 16/11/00 at 19:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't know if anyone said, but RARE are traitors, they are making a game for Sony, everyone has a price and I doubt they'll be treated badly by Sony, this means that the games will be better than the N^4 titles, such a shame, the PS2 has more power than the N64 but I think it's almost less than 1/4 of the X-Boxes full strength, only time will tell, can't wait to see the PS2 though, hope it gives a good performance. Has anyone played Tekken Tag yet? personally I think it's the same as Tekken3 but with a fat sumo and you can swap players when the other guy/gal goes to hit you, so the game lasts longer and gets annoying because you can't hit them. hmm, should be good to see what happens, just hope the prices go down so i can buy one, it's £600 for three games a console and a controller at my local store now! I think thats stupid, I got my N64 and Lylate wars(which wa £60 with the rumble pak) for £145, but that was a long time ago and Sony have become very greedy since.
Thu 16/11/00 at 19:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
As I've said over and over again, develepors will get used to the PS2 and if the game sells well it will be very profitable.
Thu 16/11/00 at 10:20
Regular
For the 5 mins I've got on this school computer I'll quickly tell Ant why games makers might move from the PS2. It's hard to make games for and it would be more profitable to develop for another system.

As for the price of the gamecube, no more than £200 I suppose. Nintendo are too scared of Sony to price it higher!
Tue 14/11/00 at 22:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sorry, Ant, I must have missed that post during one of my blackouts. Thanks for clearing that one up. I also wondered, are you left sided or right sided? And do developers do enough for ants, or do you think that they are a neglected market, treated as a niche economy by the industry?
Tue 14/11/00 at 22:06
Regular
I heard today the Dreamcast is to be scrapped in 2 years time, but by the time Nintendo and Microsoft bring out their machines, it will eventually die away, because of superior power and the mighty hangover from the Saturn.

So looks like a 3 horse race led by Sony at the moment, Sega just gets in second with a slight adantage over Nintendo.
By the time they come it will be like this:

1) Sony
2)Nintendo
3) Microsoft

Eventually Nintendo will get it's man (sega) and all the companies will merge and create one mega comapany which will overpower Sony, but Microsoft i would think would get rights to make Sega games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.