GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World will change on December 1st"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 16:35
Regular
On the day of December 1st the greatest gaming acheivement will be released in the form of SHENMUE,Dreamcast owners rejoice you have got the greatest game on any format.you have been warned
Tue 02/09/08 at 16:55
Regular
WIMBERBALL IS FREESTYLE ON SATURDAY
Thu 15/05/08 at 09:30
Regular
Hi Steve,
Roadford at the end of the month is probably the closest to you, and all our races are beginner freindly.
Of we know you are comming we can arrange for a board and rig to be available, I would suggest doing the training Sat the 31 05 and the racing on the Sunday. this will give you a chance to get used to the size of the kit again.
My email is [email protected]
hope this helps
Ady
Sun 11/05/08 at 07:26
Regular
Hi, i am 32 and an avid windsurfer based in Falmouth. I used to race long boards as a junior many years ago and would love to give racing another go.

Could you recomend a suitable race in your series and also outline how i might be able to have a go withour having to change all my kit (i only have freestyle and wave kit!)

Any help much appreachiated.

Steve
Thu 16/11/00 at 21:56
Regular
Shenmue? I thought you were going to tell us that the Grinch will be released in the cinema (although that might not have such a drastic effect on the world)
Thu 16/11/00 at 18:24
Regular
hellooo! Anyone getting Zelda tommorow! Wish i could it's too much to resist i want to get it, and get TWINE for christmas.
Thu 16/11/00 at 14:39
Shenmue looks good but I wont buy a Dreamcast just because it has one good game. It looks a little sedate pace wise for me. I will be buying the Bouncer and await the next Final Fantasy for an RPG fix.

In the mean time I will be one of the 200'000 (that number is no longer correct but anyway) sitting glued to the sofa playing SSX and TTT.

Then in a couple of weeks after that the ISS2000 I won here will arrive and my Christmas will be complete.

With the great news that a new Resident Evil game has been confirmed for the Dreamcast and PS2. I will also sleep easy knowing that I will purchase a survival horror game in the future (although I will be sure to get my hands on Onimusha before then).

The Dreamcast is a good machine but my heart belongs to the PS2.
Thu 16/11/00 at 13:06
Regular
"not dead"
Good point, but the thing about Shenmue, is that it is the first of a possible 16 games! I doubt they'll all get made, but they might, and Shenmue 3, 6 or 13 may well involve going back to the original to look again at something, that initially seemed pointless.
That's where the lastability will come with this game methinks.
And besides, you can play Hang-On and Space Harrier.
Thu 16/11/00 at 12:46
The best way to keep people interested in a game is multiplayer. When you complete a game, that's it, challenge over. You know you can beat Ganondorf so why try again? That's why you stop playing Zelda.
WIth ISS you play and win the League with Australia, you learn how to drop AC Milan 7-0 with the default team in the master league, and yet there is still soimething that you never get tired of and that is multiplayer, you can whip your friends time and time again and it never becomes less satisfying. The problrm with Zelda, Final Fantasy is that they are solo games. you lock yourself in a room and play until you finish it. when I say finish it I mean you beat the Diamond weapon at the bottom of the sea in FF7, you get evry master materia for each character, and Lv 99 for everyone. But when you have there is nothing more to go back to. That doesn't make it a bad game because it has fulfilled its purpose. It is an immersive game, where-as Goldeneye and ISS are great on your own or in a crowd. These games can't be compared in terms of longevity, because the RPG/Adventure theme isn't designed to keep you playing for months. Just non-stop for weeks. Whereas Goldeneye etc will have you returned years after its release.

It is therefore no point saying Shenmue is rubbish because it will get boring once you complete and it is also pointless saying ISS isn't very deep. They are different games, but both are magnificent in there own right.
Thu 16/11/00 at 11:46
Shenmue won't change the world on december 1st. The world will already have been changed.
200,000 people across the country will have been sitting in the same position for a week. 200,00 people will be covered in their own drool.
200,00 will have pulled a two-week-sicky, boarded up the windows, got a crate of booze and opened their shiny PS2 box.

and that's my 2 penn'orth.
Thu 16/11/00 at 11:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Shenmue will make the world change cause its that great ?
You should be a salesman mags.

How many times have we heard this before with games though ? No doubt Shenmue will be a great game, but I don't think its gonna last for more than a few months like any other game.

With exceptions like Soul Calibur that I go back to now and then, I think the biggest plot/story based game I've gone back to is Metal Gear Solid. Games such as Zelda are really good, but i tend to only play through them the once cause they don't feel like the type of game i wanna complete over and over again.

I think the best way to keep a game popular, you have to give it sequals progressing through a story, just like Nintendo are doing with Zelda and like Konami is starting to do with MGS.
Capcom tried to do this with Streetfighter and got it horribly wrong. Instead of keeping players attentions with an ongoing storyline, they just released version after version of an existing one and although Chun Li's new fireball excited some at first, people just got sick of buying the same game because of 2 new moves being added. Especially when the public were being asked to fork out £40 a time or over.

After that Mortal Kombat arrived and because of its new ideas like death moves, the name
Streetfighter began to decline until it was pushed out altogether by games such as Tekken.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.