GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World will change on December 1st"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 16:35
Regular
On the day of December 1st the greatest gaming acheivement will be released in the form of SHENMUE,Dreamcast owners rejoice you have got the greatest game on any format.you have been warned
Tue 14/11/00 at 16:35
On the day of December 1st the greatest gaming acheivement will be released in the form of SHENMUE,Dreamcast owners rejoice you have got the greatest game on any format.you have been warned
Tue 14/11/00 at 18:13
Regular
Shut up! It will be good but not that good, the hype makes you think it's the best until you sit down and find it's not as amazing as you said. Anyway i'll be awaiting Zelda: Majora's Mask!
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:08
oi mate you have not see this game have you?you can have all the Zelda's you want ,nothing compares to SHENMUE and by the way I have played it and it surpasses the hype ,all i can say is that jealousy gets you no where,i will laugh when it gets released because all of sudden little Zelda wont seem so important and there is a new man in town and his name is RYO......
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:58
Regular
Shenmue is quite like Zelda. But with Kung fu.

Snipe, he is right, it will be a great game. Don't play it if you don't want to, but I do, so I will.

(That REALLY needed to be said. Didn't it.)

Shut up.
Wed 15/11/00 at 18:10
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
December 1st? Shenmue? WHAT?
The world will be changing on this date due to the release of the best 2 sports sims ever - WWF NO MErcy and SmackDown 2. These games will push both consoles to their limits. Personally, having an n64, I will buy No Mercy. But, all I have to say is I can't wait for sports sims on the next-gens. I mean, with all these graphic capabilities, bus speeds and polygons, I can't imagine what it'll be like seeing the rock be locked into a Texas cloverleaf at 5,000000 polygons per second. WOW. I'm also looking forward to racing games, as these will be the ultimate test on their capabilities. I think GT2000, a MSR gamecube or PS2 version or Ridge racer PS2 will be the crowning glories of the new consoles!
Wed 15/11/00 at 18:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree with Darkness,l but I'm going to put a little PS2 argument in here. Why you guys play on your mystical, magical, beautiful and adventurous Zelda and Shenmue, in just 1 yea's time I shall be playing on the besrt game ever: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty on PS2. From what I've seen, the graphics look amazingly detailed, stunningly beutiful and overall brilliant. The controls are meant to be great, a lot easier than the wierd MGS controls, hopefully a plot EVEN better than its predeccesor, I repeat, EVEN better. It has new weapons, baddies and characters as well as old characters like Otacon and Meryl from MGS. It is set in New York, but mostly on a rainy night on a cargo carrier which is travelling across the ocean, with some sort of nuclear threat to the world. You have to defeat the baddies, destroy the threat and go up against old nemesis: Revolver Ocelot.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading, Ant.

{:)"ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!!" CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 15/11/00 at 18:38
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I've heard that this game will be completely class though don't have the cash to buy the PS2 AND gamecube. However, at the very first opportunity, I will play the game round Ant's house and he will most probably play the vast array of GC games round mine
PS: I've heard that an emulator will allow a PS2 controller into a USB [via adaptor] port and DVD drive play the games TRUE?
<:} bow to the conehead revoloution.
Wed 15/11/00 at 18:52
Regular
Quite false. Any questions on Emulation, I can clear up like a grade A* Janitor.
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:46
Regular
I was just saying, it won't be too amazing after you've played it, the shine of it will go away after a few months.
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:04
boys the fact of the metter is that the ps2 has not got many good games the only one is MGS2 and does not look as good as SHENMUE,i DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY BOYS,shenmue WILL change lives,the next step in video games history is about to take place and i will bw there to see it,I pity you lot who have not got a Dreamcast you will be so sad this Christmas while us Dreamcasters are basking in the glory that is Shenmue,Behold the future of gaming

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.