GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ban the Whale!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 16:15
Regular
Approximatley 14% of the World's oxygen is produced by Plankton. Our continued (mis) use of the Earth's natural resources is slowly eating away at the environment's ability to convert C02 into O2. We need all the oxygen-producing allies we can find.

Step forward the Whale. What have they ever done for us? Two things spring to mind; provide inspiration for the name of a country and allow us to produce cheap tapes and CD's that can be bought from New Age shops featuring dreadful Whale humping noises. What have they done against us? Systematically eradicated (without remorse) our Planktonian friends. Every day a Whale consumes enough Plankton, that could have produced enough Oxygen to keep a small village in Hampshire alive for one minute. In effect they have declared war on us.

The solution is simple. We should tear down every rainforest in South America and use the wood (Mahogany only- we should chuck the rest into the Sea or burn it in skips) to build long man-sized spears and hunt them to extinction. It's the only way to be sure.

I think that the two Whale Species that we shouldn't exterminate are Sperm Whales (because they have a funny name) and Killer Whales (because they are actually Dolphins and they enjoy swimming around in miniscule paddling pools performing degrading tricks to amuse the simple folk).

It's about time we realised that most the problems in this World are not man-made and we attributed them to the real culprits. Animals.

Because they can't fight back.
Thu 20/06/02 at 16:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I would happily swim amongst a pod of Killer Whales. There has never been a recorded incident of a Killer Whale attacking a human, in or out of captivity. What I find sad is the fact that these magnificent creatures are forced to do circus tricks for us. Their dorsal fins become "floppy" due to their depressed state. Dolphins in captivity fare even worse. Dolphin's breathing is not Autonomous. That means they need to make a concious effort to breathe (unlike us where it is an automatic process), so every breath is a diliberate process. That's why they only ever sleep with one side of their brain, they need then other to "breathe" with. The distressing thing is that many captive Dolphins decide not to make the effort to breathe anymore. Thus the mortality rate is very high.

Dolphins ARE a seperate classification than Whales. Though both are mammals obviously. That means (if I remember my Biology correctly) they give birth to live eggs. The last bit was a joke by the way, writing this post has put me on a downer...
Thu 20/06/02 at 16:23
"Darkness, always"
err... most whales actually eat fish. Sperm whales eating large fish and giant squid.

Killer whales are exactly that. Get into the water with a pod of orcas, and don't expect to survive. They are powerful, ruthless and viciously intelligent.

Dolphins belong to the whale family, and eat fish. Only the super large whales actually feed on plankton, and they are on the verge of extinction for the most part, regardless of the fact that these are actually actively hunted by Killer Whales!!

If you want to kill plankton eathers, try the trillions of smaller fish, prawns, lobsters, crabs and other meager fish and sealife extracts. Oh, wait a minute, we already eat them as a matter of course...
Thu 20/06/02 at 16:15
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Approximatley 14% of the World's oxygen is produced by Plankton. Our continued (mis) use of the Earth's natural resources is slowly eating away at the environment's ability to convert C02 into O2. We need all the oxygen-producing allies we can find.

Step forward the Whale. What have they ever done for us? Two things spring to mind; provide inspiration for the name of a country and allow us to produce cheap tapes and CD's that can be bought from New Age shops featuring dreadful Whale humping noises. What have they done against us? Systematically eradicated (without remorse) our Planktonian friends. Every day a Whale consumes enough Plankton, that could have produced enough Oxygen to keep a small village in Hampshire alive for one minute. In effect they have declared war on us.

The solution is simple. We should tear down every rainforest in South America and use the wood (Mahogany only- we should chuck the rest into the Sea or burn it in skips) to build long man-sized spears and hunt them to extinction. It's the only way to be sure.

I think that the two Whale Species that we shouldn't exterminate are Sperm Whales (because they have a funny name) and Killer Whales (because they are actually Dolphins and they enjoy swimming around in miniscule paddling pools performing degrading tricks to amuse the simple folk).

It's about time we realised that most the problems in this World are not man-made and we attributed them to the real culprits. Animals.

Because they can't fight back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.