GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft Hotmail/Outlook displaying error for Freeola emails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/06/16 at 13:52
"Are you sure?"
A Freeola user mentioned to me recently that Microsoft (Hotmail/Outlook/Live) email users see a warning when people write from a Freeola domain.

I've just recreated this by writing to a MS Outlook account from one of my Freeola domain accounts.

When viewing the email via MS webmail it shows:

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be.

Looking around it looks like this might be due to SPF checks?
A report on a Freeola domain shows: "The DNS record type 99 (SPF) has been deprecated".

EDIT: I only see the 'fraud detection' error when using standard email, EmailPro comes through clean.
The 'deprecated' comment is still there so that might be a red-herring.

There's a previous related email tech talk here.

Can anything be done to improve this?

I thought I would start a forum thread rather than use a Support Ticket as others are seeing this so being able to read about the issue may help.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 15/12/16 at 12:36
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
It looks like there's a problem with one IP.

With Google I can see 81.27.* passing SPF, but fails for 62.249.* (does not designate).

Let me know if you want the full IP but you that's probably enough for you.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 15/12/16 at 11:14
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks Hmmm... weirdly all the SPF stuff is passing in all the checkers I've put it through. There are other factors Hotmail take into account though.
Wed 14/12/16 at 16:01
"Are you sure?"
Hi @Eccles/Freeola,

FYI I see today's Freeola "Happy Holidays" email fails SPF so the sender is marked as 'possibly dodgy'...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 23/08/16 at 13:54
"Are you sure?"
Still failing for me atm.
I'll check again in a few hours.

Is there anything that can be done to automate some checks, just in case I'm not around?! :¬P

I'll have to cash my 'points' in soon...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: All looking good again.

NB. Re IP addresses 'up to date' - the one in question today was the same address as last time round?
Tue 23/08/16 at 13:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No related as far as I'm aware. Have fix the other issue now to do with the included send from IP's not being up to date.
Tue 23/08/16 at 13:09
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
Just raised ticket 215376 for you.

No they are failing with my registered domains not just your free ones.

Looking back it looks like things started failing on the 10th August for me.

See the sending to BT accounts thread, SPF changes were made at this time according to my ticket so may be related?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 23/08/16 at 12:55
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
OK assuming these are email accounts on Freeola F500 domains this should be sorted now. Just the usual DNS wait.
Tue 23/08/16 at 12:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Could you send in a ticket with a Freeola e-mail address that is affected please?
Tue 23/08/16 at 11:59
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Seen it, investigating now :)
Tue 23/08/16 at 11:32
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
Unfortunately Microsoft and Google (and no doubt others) have started adding the warnings to email from Freeola domains again?!

Microsoft:
This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be.

Google:
Gmail couldn't verify that xxx actually sent this message (and not a spammer).

SPF is failing for standard email, EmailPro looks ok.
I'll raise a ticket if a staffie doesn't see this.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.