GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have all the games dried up??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 10:34
Regular
There is a severe lack of decent looking games still to be released. Short of FFX and The Getaway is there any AAA titles in development which I should be scratching myself in frustration over??
Fri 12/04/02 at 17:22
Regular
Star Wars Jedi starFigheter is good, and FFx is soon.
Fri 12/04/02 at 16:54
so sup vryone
Fri 12/04/02 at 00:49
Regular
MetalGear2King wrote:
> And at the moment it is called ISS2 so lets you look at what you are typing, tut
> tut tut!

hehe! You aint read the UK review in NGC mag then I take it...
Fri 12/04/02 at 00:48
Regular
MetalGear2King wrote:
> SSX, don't worry he isn't worth it, Luke Skywalker you can crawl back to the
> hole you came from, Tomb Raider Next Gen is coming out on PC the magazine is in
> front of me right now saying it is! It makes 5 on th list you idiot, - the games
> not add! You really need to get your facts straight you weasel and go follow
> Edgy off the next cliff!

So you want me to pretend I'm a lemming (great classic game Lemmings :) ) and jump off a cliff?

lol!

Looks like you're losing your cool! I'd calm down if I were you! Luke Skywalker (the user not the character from Star Wars) may take offence to what you said! Infact Luke Skywalker there seemed less biased than me! He double checked information and gave some advice!

Fair enough if a PC magazine says it's coming out on PC, then it most likely is multiformat, but that means there's 13 out of 20 that are multiformat, not 5 :)

What was it you said?

MetalGear2King wrote:
> i think you are exaggerating with the half, about 5 of them are!

Ok, I can get things wrong. No one's perfect. But you keep trying to tell me I'm wrong when the information was staring you right in your face!

I suggest you walk out the room, count to 10 slowly, then come back before you reply. You look like you're on the edge (no pun intended :) )

I give honest opinions and I base them on facts. That means I play on all the games I judge instead of playing say five or six and then saying "All Nintendo games are naff" or "Nintendo make only Baby games".

Statements like that aren't opinions, they're as I said, Statements. And they're both wrong. Many Nintendo games are not, as you said, "naff". If they were, don't you think independant magazines would give games like Super Mario 64 96% and Luigi's Mansion 90%? (figures taken from NGC isuue 67)

Even GamesMaster who are multiformat (though the quality of the mag is questionable) rated a lot of Nintendo games with high scores, including the Pokémon titles many of which got scores in the 90's.

Before you say anything about me "liking" Nintendo and you liking Sony, I'm just as big a fan of Sega, and I admit not all their games are good. No developer can make every game a triple-A title!

I don't like all these titles everyone claims are really really good. There's Shenmue and Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast. Though they are made pretty well, I find they are boring, and also very time consuming. On the N64 there was Majora's Mask. I found that too similar to Ocarina of Time and the 3 day time limit really got on my nerves! On the Playstation 2 there's State of Emergency. It's a brilliantly made game I admit that, but it's too repetative, and aint got much to it other than poor camera angles and causin riots.

You see, even I can dislike games that many believe are good. But that doesn't mean that because I don't like a couple of Sega's games, they're all bad, or because I don't like Majora's Mask, all Zelda games are rubbish, or because I don't like State of Emergency, all Rockstar games are terrible! It means I don't like those specific games.

If you don't like Nintendo as a company, that's fair enough, I don't like Microsoft. But that never put me off playing the X-box! I don't like Sony that much as a company, but I still play my brother's PS2. You've got to keep an open mind in gaming.

I'm not saying you have to get all the consoles, you'd have to be bloody rich to do that, I'm just saying you should open your mind a little and actually play games before you judge them!

Oh, and by the way, another comment to me or another member of the boards like that and I'll report yas!
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:21
And at the moment it is called ISS2 so lets you look at what you are typing, tut tut tut!
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:18
SSX, don't worry he isn't worth it, Luke Skywalker you can crawl back to the hole you came from, Tomb Raider Next Gen is coming out on PC the magazine is in front of me right now saying it is! It makes 5 on th list you idiot, - the games not add! You really need to get your facts straight you weasel and go follow Edgy off the next cliff!
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:17
Regular
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Deus Ex! I was gonna get that on PC ages ago!
Thu 11/04/02 at 10:48
Regular
"accidental superher"
MetalGear2King wrote:
> don't build you r hopes about Deus Ex on PS2 it has had very mixed reviews and
> they are not too good.

the only downside i can see is that it doesn't have very good graphics...but the gameplay is meant to be brilliant. i've played teh first two levels of the game on the pc and find it GREAT
Thu 11/04/02 at 02:02
Regular
note: If you read my last message all the way through you deserve a medal. I didn't realise it was so long :)

note: If you read all my last message, and ignored the spelling mistakes. Well done :) I was using my Dreamcast to type and it's not easy when not being able to see what you're typing without scrolling left and right all the time...
Thu 11/04/02 at 02:00
Regular
to be quite honest I think it's funny. There's no chance of me losing my cool and getting banned over him, but if he wants to keep trying to tell me that I'm wrong, I'm going to defend myself.

I think it's funny that he told Meka he was wrong, then when he was proved wrong himself he thought it was quite 'sad'.

As I'm sure you'll see, if you haven't already read, I have proved this guy wrong on many an occasion in this topic, as he twists the hidden meanings in everything I say to try and make out I'm saying stuff other than what I have said and meant.

At one point he was telling me that I was condeming (I think that's the word he said, I'm using the Dreamcast so can't go back and check) myself because i was saying bad things about PS2 games that are definately good because a lot of people like them.

I believe I had not mentioned a single PS2 game up to that point in the this topic.

Fir enough, he's obviously new to gaming (despite claiming to own a Snez and Megga Dri did such consoles exist?) :) ) He seems to think that Nintendo only make babyish gamesand Sony make only gruesome adult games. I've got nothing against him for not liking Ntendo's style of games, but when he claims all Nintendo's games are bad, and their syts naff, because of 10 N64 games which he has supposedly played, that's just ne of the stupidest comments I have ever heard and made me really laugh out loud!

What made me laugh even more though, was when I asked him in this topic which of my a Boy games he had played, and he claimed to have played all 40+ over a friend's house. Then when asked SIMPLE and EASY questions about one or two of the games (which I kw he didn't know the answer to anyway), he couldn't answer them and thus practicallycled himself a liar, whilst trying to change the subject.

Once again, I've got nothing against him having opinions against Nintendo. I'm not to ken on the Playstation or it's sequel console myself, but that doesn't stop me playing an of the games on my brother's Playstation 2. I've already mentioned I like Red Faction nd GTA3 (which are both also on PC). But when a member lies about things I have said,then dishonours himself the same way, I feel the need to say so.

Anyway, it's been a good while since I been involved in a topic like this before :) This shat it was originally like when I joined around 2 years ago! I used to be a strong ninto fan believing Nintendo could do no wrong, and I would get involved in arguments like he one in this topic though usually against a Sony fan who was probably jjust as bad amat the time. Now, I know that you can not pass judgement on a game or console witho playing them properly first. And when I can't play a game due to either a lack of mon r a lack of interest, I wont judge it. I used to enjoy coming to ukchatforums for the ruments like this, and it's been good to have my memory refreshed as to what I used to be like :)

If he wants to continue digging himself deeper, then it's up to him. I've kept my cool, g a smile on my green, googly-eyed face, and am full or counter-energy if he should cotnue

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.