GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THEMEPARKS & RIDES!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/03/02 at 21:36
Regular
This is a little chat forum set up by jc99041 & BIGMAN if you have een on a ride that was really cool or what ride technology could be like in the future stick it in here!
Sat 13/04/02 at 23:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hey JC did you not find the queing area for duelling dragons was too dark, at times i was stumbling along because i just couldnt see where i was going!
Sat 13/04/02 at 22:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Woah, that is a hell of a lot of information JC!
Sat 13/04/02 at 22:56
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Montu at Busch Gardens in Tampa Florida is one of the best roller coasters if have ever rode! For starters it's track stretches for nearly a mile! The queue times are incredibly short and the ride itself is just brilliant. Collosus at Thorpe Park does look very good. I have watched an interactive video simulating the ride. Air i have rode twice, the queue times were up to 3 and a half hours long! Oblivion is also very good, would of been nice to make it a little longar but the space limits are a problem in the small X-SECTOR. The Black Hole is quite a fast little roller coaster with some good moments. SUBMISSION is also another good one if you like to be hung up side down for 4 seconds. The queuetimes are various ranging from 5 minutes to an hour. The elderly and ancient CORKSCREW is one that i prefer not to ride, one ride on that and you will be asking for headache tablets! Its just TOO rattely for me! NEMESIS is certainly one for thrill seekers! Try to ride on the front if you can *note- there is a seperate queue to join if you want to be seated at the front which can increase your queuing time up to 30 mins*. HEX- The Ledgend Of The Towers is one that im not going to reveal much about, let me tell you it's disturbingly realistic! The RIPSAW is just like RAMASISE REVENGE at Chessington, but with a little water feature installed! :)j
Sat 13/04/02 at 20:58
Regular
"hit the road jack"
This is the lo- down of all the main rides at Great Yarmouth Plesure Beach

> ummm...
Sat 13/04/02 at 20:50
Regular
"hit the road jack"
This is the lo- down of all the main rides at Islands Of Adventure in Florida.

>The Incredible Hulk- This is one of my favs in the park, the one that boosts you from 0-40 mph in 2 seconds. It contains 7 inversions and 4.5 positive g's. *****

>Spiderman 3D- This is a thrill ride/ simulator. A great full effect ride including water, fire and those damn greesy 3D glasses. The ride itself gives you a great effect of movement, when falling down the side of a building. *****

>Dr. Dooms Fearfall- You must of seen one of those towers where people are shot up then reach the top and pulled back down. It one of those. There are actually two towers to speed up queuetimes (which can become very long, as the loading times are soooo long). Once strapped in all you do is wait. Then a few seconds later you rise a little followed by the shot it'self. Once your at the top you jump out of your seat and come back to earth to do it once more, but this time not so violent. ****

>Dudely Do Rights Rip Saw Falls- This one takes you below water level! Don't worry, not literally! Two tiny dams hold the water from the sides. Apart from the main drop near the end that is it apart fom a little comic strip journey. ***

>Jurassic Park River Adventure- This one you will love if you have ever seen the films! The dinos themselves look very realistic and there is something around every corner, from a loveble giant Brachosaurus to the daddy himself mr. BIG t-rex. The drop at the end is one of the best drops i have ever experinced. *****

>Duelling Dragons- A multi- million design which was certainlly worth the money! the ride is set on two tracks. One is the red dragon (fire) and the other is the blue dragon (ice). The ride is better if you sit at the front and gives it the full potentional of a near miss roller coaster. At one point the two trains miss each other by 12"inches. *****

:)j
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tis true. C you in the record attempt forum.
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:24
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Very well said Tom! Stay well away!! It is the dump of all dumps! :)j
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Here's a ride not to go on - the roller coaster, catchily named "The Roller Coaster" at Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. In fact, its best to avoid th whole place altogether. The best park is definately Alton Towers. The scond best is proably Thorpe Park, although i haven't been there yet...

TPHI
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:13
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Heres another experience that truly left me 'stuck in my seat'. Duelling Dragons also in Islands Of Adventure is a duel racer near- miss inverter (hanging beneath the trck with your legs hanging).
All people hate queueing for rides but this queueline is amazing! The ride is set around an old castle with two dragons kept in side (two dragons are the two roller coasters) The Fire dragon has left devestation and many many burn marks and the Ice dragon has left many people (soilders and horses) frozen in mid air! When you actually near the two stations you must choose what dragon to ride.. Fire? or Ice? The queue splits into two lines and both are aslong as each other. From there about another 10 minutes part you from a definite ride that you wont forget. Ones into you bays and then into your seats (slip on shoes are not permitted) so you have to SIT on them! When clipped in and start rolling along you meet the other train, which you will be delling with! The first climb is parallel to the other train the you part at the top and take you huge descent down to pick up speed. *advise* >sit on the back of train to feel more g force, or sit on the front of train for a better view and the feeling of speed. The ride is filled with many hairasing speeds and iversions. The duel loop is the best part *sit on the front for the full effect* you miss the other oncoming train by 12"inches! Now the best out of red or blue, fire or ice ? well they both give you different ride all together but ride ice if you want a fast twisted track or ride fire for a more height and weightless feeling! :)j
Sat 13/04/02 at 15:54
Regular
"hit the road jack"
People who are afraid of roller coasters arent nutters, it's just in the mind. But satistics show that it is twice as safe to visit a theme park than to stay at home for the same legnth of time! Most people are afraid of these massive metal structures for the first time, i remember i was. My first decent roller coaster i went on was the SHOCK WAVE at Drayton Manor.
Then i took it one step further and rode NEMESIS then braved OBLIVION and now theres no stopping me. I have visited Florida twice in the last two years and the coasters out there are twice the size and legnth than over here. One roller coaster i really want to ride is SUPERMAN 'THE ESCAPE' in OHIO. I boosts you 0-100 in 2.5 seconds. Then sents you up a 400ft vertical tower only to be pulled back to and safely returned to the station. Another is the HULK in Islands Of Adventure back in Florida, this one a little more forgiving on the boost but a little more outragous on the inversions. As soon as you are shot from 0-40mph in 2 seconds the train is sent into a full cobra roll followed by a 95ft drop back to earth to give you enough speed to make it over the double inversion boomerang. Straight after than a 80ft vertical loop then soon whisped around the back of the park out of the guests view to finish of with a 0g (weightless) corkscrew a minature vertical loop and a photo (smile!!) The Incredible Hulk was one ride that i will never FORGET!! :)j

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.