GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox is a pile of toss!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Sat 23/11/02 at 16:06
Regular
That's right, I wanted to like this game I really did but the more I play it the more it dawns on me just how pathetically retarded it is.

At first I was enjoying myself, the graphics where amazing and the puzzles seemed simple but okay. I'm starting to realise though why it got such low marks, it stupidly linear, the majority of puzzels are pathetically simliar and extremely simple. It's like Zelda for retards...not just your normal retard though these would have to be super, super retards. Sometimes i've got stuck because I find myself looking into the puzzle to much when actual fact I should be looking for a stupid symbol on the wall, absoloute ar$e.

I games where rated on graphics then this would be the best game of the year, unfortunatly they're not and I agree with Digitiser this deserves 2/10, not because it's THAT bad, it's bad but not THAT bad but because Rare should have done so much better, they've proved they can before so what in Gods name possessed them when they where making this steaming pile of toss I realy don't know.

Oh and this is coming from someone who loved DK64 and thinks Banjo Tooie is one of the best games ever.

I'll play the game to the end just because, but it'll be going back as soon as I finish it.
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:47
Regular
Turak wrote:
> remake of ocrianca (erm i can spell:P) well that would be a
> dissapointment, cause i saw the video and thought it kicked bottom,
> but now its a re-make.....

That wasn't even game footage, that was a technical video showing off the Gamecube at E3 about 3 years ago.
Sat 23/11/02 at 19:00
oh, well it still looked nice:D
Sat 23/11/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It's rubbish, but I'm not worried because its taking a trip to Gamestation on the 29th...

The combat system sucks - what little of a system there is to speak of -, not enough space levels, and the ones there are are over far too soon, the story is stupid - NOM majorly exagerated that aspect - and whilst it looks nice, it will go down as another disapointment for 2002 with FFX, Resident Evil and a fair few others from all formats.

Still it cost £32 and I should get at least £20 in trade in, though I'm guessing there will be a fair few others trading in this.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 23/11/02 at 20:04
Regular
"^_^"
Belldandy you can legal take anything back with in 7 days of purchase with no questions asked! Just show em the receipt! That is the law, the national law!
Sat 23/11/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Parr wrote:
> Belldandy you can legal take anything back with in 7 days of purchase
> with no questions asked! Just show em the receipt! That is the law,
> the national law!

Yeah I know :) To be honest I can't be bothered and, as disappointing as it is, I'll finish it by Friday then get rid of it - Splinter Cell :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 23/11/02 at 20:42
Regular
"^_^"
Belldandy wrote:
> Parr wrote:
> Belldandy you can legal take anything back with in 7 days of
> purchase
> with no questions asked! Just show em the receipt! That is the law,
> the national law!
>
> Yeah I know :) To be honest I can't be bothered and, as disappointing
> as it is, I'll finish it by Friday then get rid of it - Splinter Cell
> :)
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

You might as well finnish with in 7 days and take it back for a full refund. If you can do it in under 7 days!
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:09
Regular
I dunno whats wrong with you lot, yes it is easy but it is still good

the problem here is everyone was expecting way too much out of it!
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:13
Regular
"^_^"
I want to see a vote, to see whether i should buy it
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:14
Regular
i say buy it!
if you like this style of game then its brillaint, but if you want to get a game with amazing graphicas, nice sound and NO gameplay then go for something else
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:15
Regular
"^_^"
So it is good then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.