GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Starfox Adventures Good or Bad?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:38
Regular
Here you can write your own views of StarFox Adventures. In my opinion it is a good game. The graphics are good excpecialy Fox's fur. The music is alot like Jet Force Gemini music and it is very atmospheric. The only bad thing I have to say about this game it is too easy and does not last long. I also like Tricky because he's like a pet and you have to feed him with GrubTubs also it's fun playing ball with him. You will also notice that there is a framerate issue in certain areas this is probably where the game loads. The bosses are huge and are very enjoyable to fight.

Please write your own comments and please write if you dissagree with what I said above.
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:38
Regular
Here you can write your own views of StarFox Adventures. In my opinion it is a good game. The graphics are good excpecialy Fox's fur. The music is alot like Jet Force Gemini music and it is very atmospheric. The only bad thing I have to say about this game it is too easy and does not last long. I also like Tricky because he's like a pet and you have to feed him with GrubTubs also it's fun playing ball with him. You will also notice that there is a framerate issue in certain areas this is probably where the game loads. The bosses are huge and are very enjoyable to fight.

Please write your own comments and please write if you dissagree with what I said above.
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:50
Regular
As I've said before, the graphics are exceptional.

And again, yes it's extremely linear, and it's very easy BUT I did enjoy playing through it in the end, it was quite fun.

Only took 15 and a half hours though.

And theres no secrets, no bonuses, nothing to find etc.
Tue 26/11/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
A mate of mine got it on Friday. He said it's really good and fun! And the graphics are really nice! Gonna nab it off him after he's completed it and make my own judgement!

:)
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:20
Regular
Good:

- The graphics are fantasticly detailed, the best on GameCube.
- The sound's great too, and incorporated seamlessly.
- It'll take you ages (I'm 39% through with 10:10 hours on the clock).
- The combat system and puzzles are great fun, if a little simple.
- Flying levels are quick, fast paced, and great.
- The plot's nicely put together, and makes the game fiendishly addictive.

Bad:

- It's fairly linear, with usually just the one way to do puzzles.
- If you're thorough, you'll get all the secrets first time through.
- For a five year project, you'd expect so much more.

- It's quite easy:
-- The combat system and puzzles could be more challenging.
-- If you're stuck, you can be told what to do, via Slippy's help system.

OVERALL: 8.8/10
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> - It'll take you ages (I'm 39% through with 10:10 hours on the
> clock).

Bollards. Pikmin took me longer.

You must be crap :D

At 10:10 hours on the clock I was 70% of the way there!
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:36
Regular
The game smells of wear, nuff said!!

Admitedly on occasions it is fairly enjoying but the gameplay is too patronising and repetetive to make it anyhting but mediocre.

Anyone know what you do with the cheat tokens?

It says take them to the maze I do that, then what?
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:37
Regular
Well I'm a thorough player you see. I test things out, I experiment, I don't call Slippy, I mess around. It's all part of a good adventure game you see.
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:40
Regular
There's nothing to mess around with, that's another thing that gets me about the game. The worlds might be beautiful but there's next to no real interaction with them other than the set tasks.
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:06
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> - The combat system and puzzles are great fun, if a little simple.

What? Combat system great you say? You just hammer A until all the baddies are gone. They attck you one-at-a-time 4 god's sake! The only good thing about the combat is that it looks pretty (like the rest of the game I might add)
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:45
Regular
I haven't played it for long (too much History coursework), but so far it's great fun. Also very easy, and I'm worried it might be very short - I'm at 14% after having played for 2 hours (on clock).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.