GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need to build my self-esteem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/12/12 at 15:53
Regular
"Finally free"
Looking to chat with similar people with low self-esteem. Going through a rough time but trying to make some big changes.

New to freeola and chat so please be kind.
Sun 09/12/12 at 22:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
What about those of us who don't believe in a god?

I think if someone is in a dark place and religion helps them through it some way then good for them. Think it's a load of cobblers myself, but each to their own. What I do object to though is people who feel it necessary to try and ram their beliefs down my throat, had 2 'visits' this week and both leaflets have now been filed in paper recycling. If there is a god would he (or she) really approve of his (or her) forestry creations being destroyed to make these publications that (I presume) very few ever read?

EDIT: forgot Peep Show was on at 10pm and then remembered about CH4+1 .............there is a god! ;)
Sun 09/12/12 at 23:04
Regular
pete_21 wrote:

EDIT: forgot Peep Show was on at 10pm and then remembered about CH4+1 .............there is a god! ;)

I have it series linked so I haven't thought about it. If you miss the +1 repeat then you can come over and I'll buy you a naan and a half :p

Sonic Chris wrote:
What about those of us who don't believe in a god?

Nikks said believe on god, like rock on god.

Guess I'll watch the Peep show now.
Mon 10/12/12 at 00:40
Regular
"How Ironic"
I just don't remember the thread poster mentioning anything about being religious themselves. Think it's a bit much telling someone who wants to build their self-esteem to believe on/in God or whatever and stay blessed.

If you're not religious, the last comfort you need is a religious believer telling you to stay blessed, or that God is watching over you or something similar.

If you haven't gathered, I have a chip on my shoulder about religion and it's nothing personal against Nikks.
Mon 10/12/12 at 15:04
Regular
pete_21 wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]What about those of us who don't believe in a god?

What I do object to though is people who feel it necessary to try and ram their beliefs down my throat, had 2 'visits' this week and both leaflets have now been filed in paper recycling.[/i]

I too can't stand those good for nothing do-gooders knocking on my door trying to save me from what they perceive to be a meaningless existence. The other day, my doorbell rang and I had to deal with a ten second onslaught of religious tripe before they politely left. Needed a stiff drink to get the taste of the Bible out of my mouth

Sonic Chris wrote:

[i]If you're not religious, the last comfort you need is a religious believer telling you to stay blessed, or that God is watching over you or something similar.

I myself like to distribute "The Origin of Species" down at my local hospice, it's very comforting to people with terminal illnesses.
Mon 10/12/12 at 16:28
Regular
"How Ironic"
Alfonse wrote:

I myself like to distribute "The Origin of Species" down at my local hospice, it's very comforting to people with terminal illnesses.

At least it's a real thing ;-)
Wed 12/12/12 at 13:57
Regular
Pretty sure the Bible is a real book
Wed 12/12/12 at 14:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
A real fiction book.
Wed 12/12/12 at 15:17
Regular
Well, it's a collection of religious texts which is different
Wed 12/12/12 at 15:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Are we talking the Old or New Testament? Two separate entities.
Wed 12/12/12 at 21:09
"possibly impossible"
I have witnessed people on both sides; the overly in-your-face religious people (from a few different religions) and the overly in-your-face atheists who are just as bad. lets not beat about the bush here, whether you believe in a god or believe there isn't its still a belief and there are still those who like to push their view as the correct one. Faith is a personal thing, even when shared.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.