GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need to build my self-esteem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/12/12 at 15:53
Regular
"Finally free"
Looking to chat with similar people with low self-esteem. Going through a rough time but trying to make some big changes.

New to freeola and chat so please be kind.
Wed 05/12/12 at 20:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
Having said that, I am named after an erotic writer.

Come clean ... Anaïs
Wed 05/12/12 at 20:43
Regular
[LINK=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100205020404/lostpedia/images/b/b2/Lost-end-title.jpg]DL wrote:
Nin wrote:
[i]Having said that, I am named after an erotic writer.

Come clean ... Anaïs[/i][/LINK]
Wed 05/12/12 at 20:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Speaking of that, in an incredibly coincidence, my girlfriend was born on the exact day she died. January 14th 1977.
Wed 05/12/12 at 21:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
Speaking of that, in an incredibly coincidence, my girlfriend was born on the exact day she died. January 14th 1977.

And so was my sister and nephew ... January 14th, that is.
Wed 05/12/12 at 22:34
Regular
"Finally free"
Thanks for the advice. Had some rough times but now looking forward to get my life back on track. I've heard of thinking of your happy place but not a stop word. I'll give it try....
Wed 05/12/12 at 22:36
Regular
"Finally free"
Alfonse wrote:
Why do all newcomers have such suggestive names? I remember when they used to have wholesome names like Crossbob, Seraphim and Alfonse

Hoping my name will help boost my confidence - that's all.
Thu 06/12/12 at 09:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
Busty_Bex wrote:
Alfonse wrote:
[i]Why do all newcomers have such suggestive names? I remember when they used to have wholesome names like Crossbob, Seraphim and Alfonse

Hoping my name will help boost my confidence - that's all.[/i]

If that's what it's doing for you then great, stick with it but perhaps there is some possibility that a username like this could give people the wrong idea about you? As for your low self esteem, I would try and concentrate on the positive things in your life, is managing to post a thread of this kind to a bunch of strangers (who could have mocked and knocked you down even further) not a forward step? I have never been into things that the masses seemed to love (music, sport, films, TV, events etc. etc.) but you know what, it really doesn't matter, never try to become something you are not. Years ago my mates dragged me to a couple of events that they all ensured me that I would love (a football match and an Oasis gig), I went to both with an open mind and absolutely hated them. They then tried to get me into clubbing, didn't like that either, they all called me a miserable b......, why?, because I didn't like the same stuff they did?!?! Don't ever think that because you may feel different to other people that makes you in anyway inferior because it really doesn't. Just be yourself, there is always the possibility that your low self esteem is due to your negative perception of something being greater than it is in reality? As for whatever may have happened in your life to make you feel this way, just try and block it out and move on from it (think of Rafiki's advice to Simba in The Lion King!).

Oh almost forgot, welcome to the forums!

Rafiki_Bex is actually quite a cool username, could always try that?!! :)
Thu 06/12/12 at 11:28
Regular
"Finally free"
pete_21 wrote:
Busty_Bex wrote:
[i]Alfonse wrote:
[i]Why do all newcomers have such suggestive names? I remember when they used to have wholesome names like Crossbob, Seraphim and Alfonse

Hoping my name will help boost my confidence - that's all.[/i]

If that's what it's doing for you then great, stick with it but perhaps there is some possibility that a username like this could give people the wrong idea about you? As for your low self esteem, I would try and concentrate on the positive things in your life, is managing to post a thread of this kind to a bunch of strangers (who could have mocked and knocked you down even further) not a forward step? I have never been into things that the masses seemed to love (music, sport, films, TV, events etc. etc.) but you know what, it really doesn't matter, never try to become something you are not. Years ago my mates dragged me to a couple of events that they all ensured me that I would love (a football match and an Oasis gig), I went to both with an open mind and absolutely hated them. They then tried to get me into clubbing, didn't like that either, they all called me a miserable b......, why?, because I didn't like the same stuff they did?!?! Don't ever think that because you may feel different to other people that makes you in anyway inferior because it really doesn't. Just be yourself, there is always the possibility that your low self esteem is due to your negative perception of something being greater than it is in reality? As for whatever may have happened in your life to make you feel this way, just try and block it out and move on from it (think of Rafiki's advice to Simba in The Lion King!).

Oh almost forgot, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the advice - slight change in name and still true!

Rafiki_Bex is actually quite a cool username, could always try that?!! :) [/i]
Thu 06/12/12 at 11:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Busy_Bex wrote:
Thanks for the advice - slight change in name and still true!

There you go ... confidence boost! Stick with us and we'll keep you smiling :¬)
Thu 06/12/12 at 13:18
Regular
S..So do we actually have a female poster now? Better put on my tuxedo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.