GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was Sensible Soocer the Best Footie Game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 18:31
Regular
I used to play Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga and i thought it was the 'bees knees'

What do you think?
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Great Scott's"
SHEEPY wrote:
B
E
S
T

G
A
M
E

E
V
E
R

I totally agree, I did not have SWOS until we got it free with my PC. I used to go over my mates house roughly everyday to play on SWOS on the Amiga.

When I had it on the PC, my brother and I had a fight to see how would play it first. As older brothers always do my brother won.

Damn, but I always got my brother back by deleting his saved game. As he did not know how to do it.

Ha Ha
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:00
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Oops, I didn't answer the question properly.

Yes, it WAS the best footie game.

But it ISN'T the best footie game ever, that's Pro Evolution Soccer. I don't doubt that in five years from now there'll be another, greater football game.
Sun 24/02/02 at 10:45
Regular
"  "
i had senisble soccer euro edition amnd it was wiked......i liked all the custom teams.
Sun 24/02/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Or†ega wrote:
Thing is though, the ISS pro
> series has been going for a few years now. And has got much better each time.
> The sensible soccer series also took quite a few years till the excellent SWOS
> came out.

aye... although Sensibe Soccer, the original was the classic...

Also, its that it will take time to discover whether ISS is just the current champ, or wether it will be seen as a classic title...
Sun 24/02/02 at 00:10
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Compairing Sensible Soccer to Pro-Evo may be a little premature...

We'll have
> to see how people view the current Pro-Evo release in five years time...
>

Thing is though, the ISS pro series has been going for a few years now. And has got much better each time. The sensible soccer series also took quite a few years till the excellent SWOS came out.
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Compairing Sensible Soccer to Pro-Evo may be a little premature...

We'll have to see how people view the current Pro-Evo release in five years time...

Will people hold fond memorys, or will it be forgotten in the mass of sequals, and the hype of Pro-Eva 2007....

Sensible Soccer has prooven itself to be both popular at the time of release, and popular over time...

Of footballing realism, the question is wehther computer games should try to emulate football as realisitcally as possible? ... When a film of a book, for example, trys to copy the book to the letter its generally critisised for its efforts, by people preffering that an interprtation of the book is given, not a word by word reenactment...

If you want the book, read it

Should football not be the same, is the goal of total realism misguided...

If you want football, play it

(besides, how realistic can football which comprises of pressing buttons ever be?)
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:38
I haven't played ss or isspe the best football game I have played is ISS.
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Back For Good"
Does anyone remember UNsensible soccer with little oranges and apples running about the pitch, anyone??
Sat 23/02/02 at 20:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Sensible Soccer was a great game.... but it couldn't be compared to Pro Evo, which is the best footy game ever.
Sat 23/02/02 at 20:41
Regular
"360: swfcman"
swander87 wrote:
> Have you ever played Pro Evo?

No, not the poster, before anyone even TRIES to
> make a joke.

Haha.

Anyway, Sensible Soccer was a class game in its day and could not be beaten, but now of course the best football game ever is Pro Evo Soccer. Games can become so realistic if you actually put the effort in to learn the skills. So many people said they didnt like it as it was too hard with silly controls, and that was because they didnt give it the time that was needed, a few days say and instead went for the easy option...fifa.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.