GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox - poor launch games."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 19:14
Regular
Is it me or aren't the Xbox launch games poor? When a new console comes out, it needs good launch games to support it.
Xbox have got games like Abe's Oddyssey and Project Gotham, when Gamecube have got Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars:Rouge Leader. Does anyone else agree?
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:10
Regular
Yeah, I know. But, they haven't come up with any original games for the launch or even for the near future.
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think its pretty rare for a console to have excellent launch titles. You basically get 1 or 2 good titles and the rest are pretty much poo.

X-Box isn't doing bad as far as its launch games go. Halo is said to be the best FPS ever. Project Gothem is pretty much a remake of MSR which isn't a bad thing really cause MSR is an excellent game. DOA3 is a good beat em up series that sells well.

Overall I don't think its just about launch day though. I think you have to really give a console an extra couple of months when it can show more than like 5 or 6 titles on the shelf.
Sun 17/02/02 at 21:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Genius Boy, I think you really don't get the market...

The Xbox, like the PS2, is based at casual gamers. These people LIKE realistic racers, beat em ups staring girls in bikinis, and FPS. What MS have done is to get one really good game in every genre- Halo is one of the best FPS games ever, Project Gotham easily compares with GT3 and DOA3 is pretty good (although not revolutionary). Casual gamers prefer these games to original titles.

So, for the casual gamer, the Xbox probably has the BEST launch selection I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, the GC is aimed at the family gamer, and the hardcore nintendo fan. This means that some games are just plain kiddy fun, like Luigi's mansion, and others are gonna go down a storm for their originality. However, as a big Ninty fan I am disappointed at the launch- for the first time in decades the console is not launched with a totally revolutionary game like Mario 64. Shame really.

So, both launches are great. Xbox will outsell the GC (even ninty agree that), not becuase it's better, but because it is aimed at a bigger audience.

sonic
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:14
Regular
Is it me or aren't the Xbox launch games poor? When a new console comes out, it needs good launch games to support it.
Xbox have got games like Abe's Oddyssey and Project Gotham, when Gamecube have got Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars:Rouge Leader. Does anyone else agree?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.