GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOP TEN GAMES OF ALL TIME."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 15:00
Regular
My top 10 games of all time are listed below, along with a brief reason for why I think they are the best.

GOLDENEYE (N64) - The Best Multiplayer of its time, good even now, with lots of secrets and a great single player mode.

METAL GEAR SOLID (PSX) - Atmospheric is not the word, superb only let down by its replayability being poor.

MARIO 64 (N64) - Before this game I doubted that the platform genre would survive the transition from 2D to 3D, this blew away those doubts.

DRIVER (PSX) - Pushes the playstation to its limits, a change from run of the mill racing games. Only let down by the ridiculous difficulty setting on the last level.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 (PSX) - I love the Resident Evil series, but this is my favourite due to its great playability and with lots of alternative ways to complete the game, a game nobody should be without.

LEGEND OF ZELDA (N64) - The ZELDA series comes of age in this superb game, with hours of gameplay, and great visuals.

MARIOKART (SNES) - My favourite SNES game, and better than the N64 version by far, tones of secrets great lastability.

CANNON FODDER (AMIGA) - Simple, yet addictive gameplay. Superb fun to play and with a great sense of humour.

FLASHBACK (AMIGA) - Excellent action/adventure game, great storyline. Excellent cut-scenes added to the games atmosphere.

SONIC 2 (Megadrive) - Excellent 2 player mode, great platforming action from Sega.

Ok. that's my top 10 games, I thoroughly recommend all the above titles to anyone, they're great. What are your favourite 10 games, or what are your top 10 games on each format (e.g. playstation, N64, etc..) ??
Sun 05/11/00 at 13:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Seeing as everyone else is doing it, heres my 10....
Just take these as an overall list, not highest rated to lowest though ;-))

1. Soul Calibur
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Age Of Empires 2
4. Alien Vs Predator
5. Pokemon
6. Battlezone 2
7. The King Of Fighters
8. Mechwarrior series(i.e all the Mechwarrior 2 add ons)
9. Metal Fatigue
10. Doom (added in for all the great link ups i had with
my cousin)

That game Black and White will probably take its place in my top 10 when it comes out though ;-) And as for Doom, that'll probably be pushed out by Unreal Tournament when i get to play it ;-)
Sun 05/11/00 at 11:46
Archaon Quick youve won a game get claiming!
Wed 27/09/00 at 20:14
My top ten are:
1,Civilisation(Amiga)The best game ever!!!!!
2,Final Fantasy 8(psx)
3,Metal Gear Solid(psx)
4,Zelda, Ocarina of time(N64
5,Final Fantasy 7(psx)
6,Final Fantasy 5(snes)
7,Tony Hawks Pro Skater(psx)
8,ISS Pro Evolution(psx)
9,Halflife(pc)
10,Monkey Island 1 and 2(Amiga)
Mon 25/09/00 at 01:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
The list for the top 10 games in the near future I predict will be:

1.Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
2.Shenmue (Dreamcast)
3.Grand Prix 3 (Dreamcast)
4.Metropolis Street Racer (Dreamcast)
5.Final Fantasy 9 (PSX)
6.The Getaway (PS2)
7.Half Life (Dreamcast)
8.Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)
9.WWF No Mercy (N64)
10.Commandos 2 (PC-CD)
Mon 25/09/00 at 00:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
The top 10 games of all time are:

1.The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
2.Super Mario 64 (N64)
3.Perfect Dark (N64)
4.Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
5.Flashback (Amiga)
6.Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2 (PC-CD)
7.Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
8.Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast)
9.Street Fighter 2 (SNES)
10.Gran Turismo 2 (PSX)
Sun 24/09/00 at 18:07
well, i'm only 14 so i don't know many old games. This is my top 10 PC games in no specific order :
1. Baldur's gate
2. BG tales of the sword coast
3. NOX (read my review)
4. Dues Ex
5. Star Trek Voyager-Elite Force
6. Half-Life Generations (it's sort of 2 games but u know what i mean)
7. Diablo 2
8. Unreal Tournament
9. Vampire the masquerade-Redemption
10. Monkey Island (the whole series)

Ummm...how come no one has mentioned Baldur's gate 2 ? I CANNOT WAIT FOR RELEASE.
I agree with whoever it was that said Metal gear solid was poor, it is LAME, especialy the talking bits.
Well, thats it. I know lot's of them are RPG's but hey, nothing comes close to a good RPG.
Sun 24/09/00 at 16:02
Sorry I accidently posted the above message twice, apologies Archanon. Any more Top 10 games, or Top 10 games your dying to be released?
Mon 18/09/00 at 14:48
In reply to Archaon
How can you slate MetalGearSolid, it's a videogame masterpiece that completely immerses you in the world of stealth/action. In what other game can you sneak up behind a guard and snap his neck or smoke cigarettes to view the infra red detectors. The atmosphere is tense and exciting, the game is the simply superb, its as closest a game has got to the cinematic experience. The game isn't without humour either I almost cried laughing when the ninja kept shouting "Hurt me more!". Sure the game isn't perfect, it is let down by its replayability. But you just can't fail to notice a great game when you play it, and this is a great game.
I agree that Goldeneye is a Great multiplayer game, but to say the single player mode is only "mildly" entertaining is an understatement. The single player mode is superb fun to play, I've heard PC gamers complain that Goldeneye doesn't have a jump feature and other nit picking points, but this game is amazing. I only recently completed the Aztec level on the hardest difficulty setting and there's still another level for me to get. It still amazes me how many fun cheat modes there are for this game such as Turbo mode, DK mode etc.. the lastability of this game is phenomenal. The only thing that disappointed me about Goldeneye was that the programmers didn't put in a Bond vs. Bond multiplayer feature, so for example you could play as Sean Connery or Roger Moore. Then I could have settled the argument about who the Greatest Bond of all time is, its Connery by the way!
Wed 13/09/00 at 20:37
I think it's bad that they were advertising cigarettes in Metal Gear Solid, couldn't he have had a spray like all other special agents and so forth who deal with these laser kind of things?
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:35
In reply to Archaon
How can you slate MetalGearSolid, it's a videogame masterpiece that completely immerses you in the world of stealth/action. In what other game can you sneak up behind a guard and snap his neck or smoke cigarettes to view the infra red detectors. The atmosphere is tense and exciting, the game is the simply superb, its as closest a game has got to the cinematic experience. The game isn't without humour either I almost cried laughing when the ninja kept shouting "Hurt me more!". Sure the game isn't perfect, it is let down by its replayability. But you just can't fail to notice a great game when you play it, and this is a great game.
I agree that Goldeneye is a Great multiplayer game, but to say the single player mode is only "mildly" entertaining is an understatement. The single player mode is superb fun to play, I've heard PC gamers complain that Goldeneye doesn't have a jump feature and other nit picking points, but this game is amazing. I only recently completed the Aztec level on the hardest difficulty setting and there's still another level for me to get. It still amazes me how many fun cheat modes there are for this game such as Turbo mode, DK mode etc.. the lastability of this game is phenomenal. The only thing that disappointed me about Goldeneye was that the programmers didn't put in a Bond vs. Bond multiplayer feature, so for example you could play as Sean Connery or Roger Moore. Then I could have settled the argument about who the Greatest Bond of all time is, its Connery by the way!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.