GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOP TEN GAMES OF ALL TIME."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 15:00
Regular
My top 10 games of all time are listed below, along with a brief reason for why I think they are the best.

GOLDENEYE (N64) - The Best Multiplayer of its time, good even now, with lots of secrets and a great single player mode.

METAL GEAR SOLID (PSX) - Atmospheric is not the word, superb only let down by its replayability being poor.

MARIO 64 (N64) - Before this game I doubted that the platform genre would survive the transition from 2D to 3D, this blew away those doubts.

DRIVER (PSX) - Pushes the playstation to its limits, a change from run of the mill racing games. Only let down by the ridiculous difficulty setting on the last level.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 (PSX) - I love the Resident Evil series, but this is my favourite due to its great playability and with lots of alternative ways to complete the game, a game nobody should be without.

LEGEND OF ZELDA (N64) - The ZELDA series comes of age in this superb game, with hours of gameplay, and great visuals.

MARIOKART (SNES) - My favourite SNES game, and better than the N64 version by far, tones of secrets great lastability.

CANNON FODDER (AMIGA) - Simple, yet addictive gameplay. Superb fun to play and with a great sense of humour.

FLASHBACK (AMIGA) - Excellent action/adventure game, great storyline. Excellent cut-scenes added to the games atmosphere.

SONIC 2 (Megadrive) - Excellent 2 player mode, great platforming action from Sega.

Ok. that's my top 10 games, I thoroughly recommend all the above titles to anyone, they're great. What are your favourite 10 games, or what are your top 10 games on each format (e.g. playstation, N64, etc..) ??
Fri 08/09/00 at 15:00
My top 10 games of all time are listed below, along with a brief reason for why I think they are the best.

GOLDENEYE (N64) - The Best Multiplayer of its time, good even now, with lots of secrets and a great single player mode.

METAL GEAR SOLID (PSX) - Atmospheric is not the word, superb only let down by its replayability being poor.

MARIO 64 (N64) - Before this game I doubted that the platform genre would survive the transition from 2D to 3D, this blew away those doubts.

DRIVER (PSX) - Pushes the playstation to its limits, a change from run of the mill racing games. Only let down by the ridiculous difficulty setting on the last level.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 (PSX) - I love the Resident Evil series, but this is my favourite due to its great playability and with lots of alternative ways to complete the game, a game nobody should be without.

LEGEND OF ZELDA (N64) - The ZELDA series comes of age in this superb game, with hours of gameplay, and great visuals.

MARIOKART (SNES) - My favourite SNES game, and better than the N64 version by far, tones of secrets great lastability.

CANNON FODDER (AMIGA) - Simple, yet addictive gameplay. Superb fun to play and with a great sense of humour.

FLASHBACK (AMIGA) - Excellent action/adventure game, great storyline. Excellent cut-scenes added to the games atmosphere.

SONIC 2 (Megadrive) - Excellent 2 player mode, great platforming action from Sega.

Ok. that's my top 10 games, I thoroughly recommend all the above titles to anyone, they're great. What are your favourite 10 games, or what are your top 10 games on each format (e.g. playstation, N64, etc..) ??
Fri 08/09/00 at 17:00
You obviously hav enever played on Dreamcast, tut, tut. Anyway - good enough list m8

these are mine:
1. Virtua Tennis (DC)
2.Championship Mangaer (PC)
3. Soul Calibur (DC)
4. NiGHTS (Saturn)
5. Crazy Taxi (DC)
6. Goldeneye (N64)
7. wonderboy (Master system)
8. MSR - I think that the DEMO is so great - SO MUCH DETAIL
9. Dune 2000
10. Dune 1 the original - a brilliant game.
Sun 10/09/00 at 12:52
How about a top ten games of all time from the future.
If Sony take over it would be:
1. Tekken 4000
2. Gran Turismo 72 - The revenge
3. Die even harder more
4. Metal Gear solid - Return of the weird guy in the corner SE
5. Robot mech of instant death 3
6. Tekdendart (a japanese game)
7. is this getting too silly?
8. It is isn't it.
9. I give up...

And before you begin....yes I own a PSX too.
Sun 10/09/00 at 14:40
My top 15 games:

1. Pokémon Yellow (GB) It's so addictive and I love the multiplayer options.

2. Pokémon Pinball (GBC) Once again it's so addictive and the rumble feature'll have you going for ages!

3. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To the Past (SNES) this is the best Zelda game ever and it's on the best console ever! I still haven't found all the secrets!

4. Mario Bros (NES) IT was the first 8-bit game I ever played and I thought it was amazing!

5. Fifa 97 (PC) It's the only football game I've ever had and I found this to be so playable.

6. Command & Conquer (PC) It started the C&C series and is amazing. I loved the story line especially seeing Seth get shot in the head!

7. Sonic The Hedgehog (MD) I never had a megadrive but I played this game a lot. Just like Mario Bros it was amazing!

8. Star Trek Starfleet Academy (PC) It's got excellent graphics without a 3D card and the resolution of the movie sequences are amazing!

9. Goldeneye 007 (N64) The first FPS for the N64. It has amazing graphics, amazing lastability and I've never got bored of doing the control level where Natalia always gets killed!

10. Super Mario Kart (SNES) It's so playable and I never get bored!

11. Total Annihilation (PC) Fast Action, total destruction what more could you ask for?

12. Theme Hospital (PC) I like seeing the doctors pop the heads of the patients! The games really funny and made me laugh!

13. Swiv 3D (PC) Flying around in choppers, hover vehicles and tanks is amazing! And doing it in 3D is even better! This games excellent!

14. War of the Worlds (PC) this game equires a lot of skill and patience. The hardest part is building your armies!

15. Pokémon Blue (GB) It's a great version of the game but Yellows better! I use Blue to back up some of my Pokémon in case they get deleted!
Sun 10/09/00 at 15:56
My top 10 are:
1: Final Fantasy 7
2: Final Fantasy 8
3: Ceaser 3
4: Tomb Raider 2
5: Pokemon Blue
6: Carmaggedon
7: Goldeneye
8: Zelda (GB)
9: Sonic & Knuckles
10: Zelda
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
1) Final Fantasy 8 (PS)
2) Final Fantasy 7 (PS)
3) Gran Turismo 2 (PS)
4) Resident Evil 2 (PS)
5) Rings of Power (Megadrive)
6) Planescape Torment (PC)
7) Betrayal at Krondor (PC)
8) X-Wing (PC)
9) Suikoden (PS)
10) Chess (manual!)
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:47
1:Sonic Adventure(DC)
2:Zelda 64(n64)
3:mario 64(n64)
4:Resident evil:code veronica(dc)
5:Soul Calibur(DC)
6:Metal Gear Solid(psx)
7:Resident Evil 2(psx)
8:Mortal Kombat(SNeS)
9:Final Fantasy 7(psx)
10:Banjo Kazooie(n64)

suspected entries in the next year full of dreamcast releases
Sun 10/09/00 at 19:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Here is my list:

1. Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
2. Gran Turismo 2 (PSX)
3. Perfect Dark (N64)
4. Star Wars Episode 1:The Phantom Menace (PC)
5. Syphon Filter 2 (PSX)
6. WWF: Smackdown! (PSX)
7. Goldeneye (N64)
8. Tekken 2 (PSX)
9. Pokemon Stadium (N64) Even though I don't like Pokemon I found this game SOOOO addictive!!!
10. FIFA 2000 (PSX)

Oh yeah, and blue beetle, sequels for games like Tekken and Gran Tursimo get boring as they are repetitive, but not sequels for MGS or Syphon Filter. Even though they use the same characters, it's still a new plot with new things to do and new ideas.
Sun 10/09/00 at 22:03
Regular
"Under the Wall"
In no particular order,

1. Legend of Zelda - Links Awakening (game boy)

2. Grand Theft Auto (PS)

3. Bubble Bobble (Master system)

4. Goldeneye (N64)

5. Syndicate (Mega drive)

6. Sensible World of Soccer (PC)

7. Metal Gear Solid (PS)

8. Mario Kart (SNES)

9. X-Wing (PC)

10. Asterix (Master system)
Sun 10/09/00 at 22:10
Okay, I admit it, I enjoyed Syphon Filter 2 more than the first one. I was just making a point. Ho hum!
Since I already posted my best ten elsewhere on the forum, I didn't want to repeat myself.
Besides, I was getting bored earlier...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.